New GT football uniforms.

jsrowe

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugly.

I agree.

The throwbacks they have worn recently the past few years, which are basically the white helmet with that old gold jersey, IMO are their best look. However, the white helmet they use here has navy lettering instead of gold.

Honestly, the colors/idea are not that bad, but why the unnecessary strip across the top? I could live with the side paneling if I were a GT fan, but the bra? Anyways, I am a UGA fan so I can only laugh at this. Haha, Nerds.

Wow, who makes these?

Probably some 5 year-old girl in Cambodia for 5-cents an hour and some bread.

Oh. You meant which apparel manufacturer? I can't tell, but from the looks of the picture it seems to be a Russel Athletics logo on the shoulder of the jerseys. Not sure, I am sure someone else would know more about who supplies uniforms to GT.

Yeah, it's Russel. Question: is that the official graphic for the unis, or did you just make that up? I ask because I really doubt the side panel and the pants stripe would not match like that.

Someone on a GT's Scout.com message board had that posted.

I just posted it because that picture is all there is and it is pretty hard to see what the uniforms look like from the quality, and the way the jerseys are presented.

How do you see the side paneling matching up with the pant stripes?

Well, judging from the graphic, white on white and blue on gold. Although I'm not totally convinced those are the pants yet.

I saw the list of uniform combinations they will go with. While I am not certain how exact it is, because I am not familiar with the source, I would say its fairly accurate.

They will not have white on white or blue on gold. GT always wears white on gold pants which will be their primary uniform with the gold helmet. They also will not use the gold helmet with the gold jersey as they are two different shades.

Also, I am not sure why the guy doing the mock-up chose those pants. Perhaps that's his idea of what they will look like considering the design of the jersey?

EDIT: I just noticed that if you look behind the jerseys you can see the pants behind them that will go with each jersey. The white ones have gold pants, the blue white, and the old gold probably has its own set of white pants that will be more traditional.

No no no no!!!!!

They had some beautiful retro throwback unis in use this past year, why couldn't they just go with those?

That is one offensive stripe swoosh across the front of the jersey. :S

They gold jerseys they have there are practically the same as the ones you liked. I loved those too. Even though Tech is a rival, I thought those uniforms were one of the best in football. They should have used those as the primaries and had a similar style for the white/gold pants uniforms.

Anyways, the white helmet with the gold jerseys is what you liked. And notice the gold jerseys, or old gold, don't have any stripping or any crap. Just the traditional arm stripes. The only difference is the helmet has navy GT lettering instead of gold GT lettering. Also, not sure if they will have specific pants for those old gold jerseys considering the other ones will probably match up with the hideous other jerseys.

More stripes for the sake of stripes. If I had known that getting drunk and adding stripes to places they don't belong was all it takes to get a job designing uniforms I would not have have wasted all these years in TV.

Awful. Nice downgrade. I do like the white helmet though.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow, who makes these?

Probably some 5 year-old girl in Cambodia for 5-cents an hour and some bread.

Oh. You meant which apparel manufacturer? I can't tell, but from the looks of the picture it seems to be a Russel Athletics logo on the shoulder of the jerseys. Not sure, I am sure someone else would know more about who supplies uniforms to GT.

Most on-field uniforms in college football are made here in the USA. Replicas sold in stores are what is primarily made overseas.

What a difference 18 years can make.

1879-1.jpg

When was Virginia #1? Wow, they've gone down the crapper a bit. Oh, and that template is terrible.

I think that was when Shawn Moore was passing to Herman Moore for the Cavs. The early-90s Cavs were waaay underrated. I think their starting TE ruptured a spleen or something before the GT game, and with him, i'm sure they could have made up the 3 pt loss.

Anyway, GT took the momentum and ran to the co-national championship that year.

For this Tech alum, this is my fav uni combo:

a_campbell_i.jpg

Those navy ones look awful. I hope they think better of it. Tech is a football program with a rich, long history. They should honor it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Those inserts on the navy jersey look like that they are gold instead of white. They also have a white braid on the edge.

Also, I'm really starting to miss the Brooking-era jerseys a lot more now. But, at least they are returning to navy. I heard that Gailey was the one behind them continuing to wear gold at home after O'Leary left.

Archived