Make Your Own Custom Jersey Signatures

KP14

I don't really make signatures, however I've seen a lot of people use the jerseys from my website here and on other forums for displaying their favorite teams/players. (Myself included actually.)

I decided to make this a bit easier on people and created a form for making a signature with 5 jerseys (like the one you see below.) You simply fill in the 5 ID numbers from the database and the PHP will generate a transparent 480px by 105px (roughly 3/5's normal size) transparent .PNG file, as well as the code and the direct link to the image. For the time being I'll even host them on my site.

I just finished this and it has been a while in the making, but if anyone is interested in testing it out, I'd appreciate it. Hopefully it will save some people some time and effort.

The page can be found here: HockeyWidgets Custom Signatures

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200818185929.png

Looks beautiful!

Only gripes:

-Maybe make the jerseys a bit bigger

-For most people they are only shown in one jersey(e.g. you only have Bourque in the '77-'95 jerseys, but he also played in the '95-'07's, but I'm sure those will come later.

-I don't like the placement/look of the site text

-No Bobby Orr!

Seriously though, great job.

Eventually they'll be more options. This has been in experiment using GD and PHP to dynamically create the images and save them, now that I think I have a handle on how it works I can add some other options.

- There will be an option for full size images

- There are a ton of jerseys missing from the database, it's probably a lifelong project at this point. It's also why I'm trying to encourage people to add to the database.

- Yeah, the watermark thing, does look wrong. I'll look into fixing it.

- Bobby Orr, I think I have every Bobby Orr jersey he ever wore in the database. Look here.

Thanks for the feedback, this was what I need before I actually make this "live" on the site.

Not a problem guys, I figured it would simplify the process. As I said, it's a work in progress that I hope to improve upon. Hopefully I can instrument a couple of things in the coming days that will allow you to choose the size, number of jerseys, etc. I may also create a gallery of them for people to look through to get an idea of what other people are making.

PHP is scary thing...it's like having a couple of server-side elves that do all the work for you...

Definately a great find! Some updates player moves/updates needed, but overall the site is sweet!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

It looks really really good. I am digging it a lot. The only change I would make would be to make the overall image bigger.

Agreed. I liked the size of the old jerseys. But I figured that sporting this sig would save bandwidth for your awesome website, so I'm rocking (and testing) this sig for you. I really appreciate that website, bruh!

And yeah, the sig is really nice. Great idea.

To those who have mentioned the size of the images, I will be making more options- including full size as well as more jerseys. However, I don't know if I'll have the bandwidth to support really large signatures. (Actually I probably would, and will in the future, but to be on the safe side if I add them as an option I will probably create the image but not save it to disc.) The small ones I'll host without a problem. You can still grab the jerseys from the site and make your own signatures with them, I'm not going to stop anyone.

In regards to the players in the database, it's a mammoth work in progress. A lot of people are missing (in fact there is a contest on the site at the moment to find the most viable missing NHL:er at the moment.) I started the site focused on hockey, so the other sports are still greatly lacking. If only there were more hours in the day...and I didn't need to work...ever.

To twi who offered the assistance with the rosters, I can always use help and I'm trying to broaden the site to get more people involved. So, by all means and help is good help. There's a forum you can join there that focuses on these types of things if you are interested in joining. It's relatively new and is by no means a rival to this site, just an easier way of communicating rather than e-mail.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who has tested things so far. It looks like there are no real problems, besides an issue with checking the validity of the field values to avoid errors, but I'll fix that when I add the additional options.

I actuallly think that the current size is nice for the signatures. They are nice and compact so they don't take up too much space on the page

I'm rocking the future of hockey signature...great find!

That looks great. Mine is pretty similar.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Off-Topic but it has to be said:

To my two fellow Hawk fans,

Byfuglien sucks! I can't stand him. He turns the puck over so much. He becomes a liability on D and I don't like him on the wing. It seems to risky. Keith and Biscuit are future. I'd trade Buff in a heartbeat.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

Archived