NBA Uniform Changes 2008-09

juggoo

I love that "Milwaukee" script - how often does a wordmark jump from one sport to another?

Mid '80s Bulls, to current White Sox. Go figure ... same part of the country, and same two sports involved (MLB & NBA).

84Jordan_rookie.jpg2006-08-24-dye-large.jpg

They're very close, but there are differences. Check out the "h":

1210_large.jpgpMLB2-2529916dt.jpg

But the "Milwaukee" on that Bucks alt is almost exactly the same script as the old Brewers road wordmark.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Spurs have the best Alt in the league, the shiny silver is amazing.

Can't find a pic.

that shiny uni is a throwback, not an alt.

Correct. They are a throwback, but I forget from when. But they were originally an alternate, back in the mid-1970s.

SpursSilver.jpg

EDIT: Thanks for the correction. I knew that the David Robinson era was too late, so I thought it was right before that. I guess it was considerably before that.

that Spurs alt is originally from the mid-70s...and yea i agree, its pretty nice. the spurs should bring it back as a permanent alt.

Yes the Spurs silver is from the mid-1970s, but it was their home uniform back then, not an alt (plus it was gray in those days). It goes back to their ABA days and was their first uniform designed solely for them as the San Antonio Spurs. They wore the old Dallas Chaparrals uniforms with the names changed in pre-season and switched to these for the regular season in 1973-74.

The Spurs have the best Alt in the league, the shiny silver is amazing.

Can't find a pic.

that shiny uni is a throwback, not an alt.

Correct. They are a throwback, but I forget from when. But they were originally an alternate, back in the mid-1970s.

SpursSilver.jpg

EDIT: Thanks for the correction. I knew that the David Robinson era was too late, so I thought it was right before that. I guess it was considerably before that.

Off topic, but Tony Parker is Gangster!

I'm hoping the pistons use their unis from the Bad Boys era as well as the warmups from that era as an second alternate they can use for hardwood classics nights

I'm waiting for that day. I love their current reds--MUCH better than the reds they tried early in the Grant Hill-era, back before the horse head and teal.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

I know they had something reddish during the horsey uni years. Did they have a red alt in the bad boys days?

Back in the Bad Boys days NBA teams didn't really wear alts; maybe Golden State still had 3 (white, yellow, blue) during the days when Detroit was putting the Bad Boys team together (early 1980s), and possibly Indiana (also white, yellow, and blue). However, for a couple of seasons right before Detroit changed to the teal/black set they had a red alt that was just a reverse of their normal blue road uniform much like their current red alt.

Also, I believe the Pistons wore silver instead of white at home for a season or two when they first changed to the uniforms of the Bad Boys era in the early 1980s, but it was their full-time home uniform not an alt.

I know they had something reddish during the horsey uni years. Did they have a red alt in the bad boys days?

They didn't. When the Pistons went to the teal, they had a brick-colored uniform as their alternate.

Also, I believe the Pistons wore silver instead of white at home for a season or two when they first changed to the uniforms of the Bad Boys era in the early 1980s, but it was their full-time home uniform not an alt.

If you look at film or a photo from that era, it looks like a uniform dipped in carolina blue but didn't take to the mesh. It was very, subtle -- something that the Mitchell & Ness throwback from a couple of years ago failed to capture. It was during the Kelly Tripucka era.

Archived