NBA Uniform Changes 2008-09

juggoo

Charlotte Bobcats: There are rumours about a rebranding of the orange and white unis, according them with the template of the blue, which will become the away first option...

Milwaukee Bucks: According with the 2-years-rule they will wear a red alternate uni the next season...

Minnesota Timberwolves: Since 96-97 they are wearing that ugly 90's uni, and it's time to rebrand it, and also the logo... Blue&Green, of course.

Portland Trail Blazers: They wanted to change it on summer, so i suppose that it will be some changes there...

Toronto Raptors: They will introduce a black alternate, and if the league allows them to make it maybe Magic or Rockets will want the same for their alternates...

Apart from that, I am hoping for some rebranding in Golden State and Clippers, and if it's possible a Grizzlies alternate.

Sorry about my english, I am from Barcelona and, you know...

http://taylorwolves.blogspot.com

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Milwaukee Bucks: According with the 2-years-rule they will wear a red alternate uni the next season...

http://taylorwolves.blogspot.com

Definetly NOT looking forward to this. Especially if it's simply the inverse of the green unis.

What if not that? At this time there are only this teams without alternate uni: Hawks, Rockets, Grizzlies, Knicks, Magic and Spurs and also, of course, the Bucks.

Because of the rule which don't allow a team to introduce an alternate before two years the Pacers have waited till this year, the Bucks till the next and the Hawks have to wait for the 2009-10 season. There are another group without alternate uni, the ones who will make it black (Raptors, Magic and, maybe, the Rockets, who also may want to introduce a grey uni, so boring and the same as the white). Apart from that there are to teams who seemed to don't want to have an alternate (grey for spurs and orange for Knicks) and the Grizzlies, which seemed to be scared about the equality between their third and the Jazz one...

I understand that maybe you don't like it, but I'm sure that the Bucks will have an alternate (red) for the next season, and that it will be so similar than the one weared by the Sonics at the beggining of the millenium (I remember Desmond Mason flying with that wine red uni at some Dunk Contest).

The Raptors would look good with a black uniform.

I heard rumours before about a blue uniform as an alternate. I dont know if it was true but I saw it posted on another website.

The Twolves and Blazers need a change. I dont mind G-States set. The Bucks might have the ugliest unis in the NBA right now.

IMO the warriors need a change.

They need to straighten up there colors.

They have one or two too many colors.

Midnight Blue, Golden Gate Orange, California Yellow, Sky Blue, White

I think they need to just drop the sky blue. (I know it only shows up on the logos.)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Well that was fast for the Bobcats. After making such a bruhaha about being one of the few teams w/ orange in their palate (and the only one w/ it as a primary color), they're already going to switch over to the blues? I guess it's better, but the change still feels really fast in coming.

Bucks: Can't say I'd look forward to a red alternate, esp. w/ their shade of red and their shiny jerseys.

Speaking of red and shiny, I'm really starting to hate the Rockets jerseys. I thought I'd be on board w/ a simplistic style, but those just rub me the wrong way. Maybe it's just b/c I've been overexposed to them after seeing them on TV more (just got cable last year), but they really don't look that good. I hope if they do do an alternate, they make the colors matte, since the shiny just doesn't work for me.

I hope the T-Wolves really do go thru a complete makeover. After the first year or two w/ those KG-era jerseys, I started hating them so much. And now that KG's gone, I feel they should mix things up and move on.

I also agree that the Warriors need to tweak and straighten out their jersey color set. I'm not a fan of the orange/red jerseys (heck, I'm just not a fan of that particular color really). I also think they should shrink their side piping a bit and go w/ a gold/yellow jersey (hey, they are Golden State after all).

As for Portland? I know I'll probably get some hate for this, but I've always thought their jerseys were really bland and the asymmetry of the body stripes just doesn't do it for me. I don't think they should do a complete makeover (I think those have earned "classic" status and shouldn't be changed except for minor tweaks here and there), but for an alternate, I'd like to see them try something different.

Well, really, if the Bucks change, I'd think it would be similar to the Minnesota Wild, how they have the green primary uniform and then the red alternate. If they don't muck it up, it could look nice...

And the Wolves definitely need a change. They could do a nice blend of their current style with the Christian Laettner era jerseys. And I think they could even do a nice blending of their logos as well, or switch to either just their secondary or the wolfhead on its own. I like what they have but the NBA seems to be moving to a more streamlined appearance in general (i.e. the Raptors new "primary" mark of the raptor claw / ball), with the glaring exception being the Warriors...

I keep hearing rumors about a change for the New Orleans Hornets' look for next year-- possible color chang eor tweak, uni change, and most likely making the much-admired "fleur-de-bee" the primary logo, replacing the cartoony Hugo...

It is what it is.

I keep hearing rumors about a change for the New Orleans Hornets' look for next year-- possible color chang eor tweak, uni change, and most likely making the much-admired "fleur-de-bee" the primary logo, replacing the cartoony Hugo...

Love the idea but I fear, for NO, that they will not do anything NO specific as they are most likely moving to Oklahoma City or St. Louis in the next couple of years.

i absolutely HATE the Bobcats' script on their jerseys, looks horrible.

I actually like their new script, the one that will become full time next season. I think they wore it on a uniform once this season

Any New York Knicks rumors, beside praying for Isiah and Marbury's exile? Im still waiting on my black or orange alternates.

Archived