A beaver

cyandlux

From that perspective I would say you need to see the other eye. Or, you could turn it and make the perspective more from the side. Otherwise the black empty space is just empty.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

TechJerseySig.gif

From that perspective I would say you need to see the other eye. Or, you could turn it and make the perspective more from the side. Otherwise the black empty space is just empty.

agreed, right now it looks incomplete, alot of black space that needs to be taken care of. To me right now looks like the beaver of the opera

Beavers eyes are on the sides of their heads plus the nose is blocking the other-side as well, you wouldn't see the other eye....what would you see? A patch of fur?

Beavers eyes are on the sides of their heads plus the nose is blocking the other-side as well, you wouldn't see the other eye....what would you see? A patch of fur?

You would definitely see more of an ear. And beavers aren't emo.

I don't get it, nearly everyone is saying something needs to be done about that right side and the eye, even you, and yet you still say that we're all wrong and that a beaver doesn't look like that. I understand that a real life beaver will look like that in that position, but it doesn't translate well into a logo if you copy it down just like that.

Not trying to be arrogant or anything, I've looked through your website and such before and love your work.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I like it overall, but I see some problems of course, especially with the right side. Any constructive help would be appreciated.

beaver.png

THESE are the view of the beaver...please refer to this BEFORE replying!!!!

beaverexamples.png

According to your photos:

Make the nose black with white shine highlights.

Change the black accents to darker brown so that they separate from the black circle in the background, the eye, and the nose.

As far as the right side goes; go from the original brown to a darker, and then darker yet brown. From where the light source is; that should be the gradation on the head.

These things may help.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

The nose looks too concave, sloping down from the forehead to the nose, instead of convex like the pictures shows. The lack of an eye doesn't bug me if the beaver is anatomically correct, however the way you have it illustrated right now you WOULD see the eye beyond the nose. He looks very much like a chipmunk right now.

The problem is that it's all contained inside a strange elliptical shape and looks too confined for one, but also too round and cuddly like a squirrel with those puffy cheeks and chin.. Draw it out on paper. Put in some long, aggressive lines that better define the parts of the face. A beaver's head is a bit like a wedge shape, almost flat on top and coming to an approximate, dull point at front where the nose and teeth are. A beaver's head is the shape of the hood of an old car, the tall grille being the nose and teeth area.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Lemmiwinks!

Just kidding, the main change I would make here is to elongate the head a bit. It seems a bit to round, which to leads more to a gerbil look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived