ScottySprings' College Hoops Redesign Series- Duke Blue Devils

scottysprings

Welcome back to my college hoops design thread. I decided to resurrect this after a couple of months being I'm in a college basketball mood. Thanks to fnz for the inspiration to start this back up! I just added Wisconsin, check it out..

Teams Completed-

Connecticut

Michigan

Maryland

Wisconsin

St. John's

South Florida

Ohio State

Richmond

Utah

Duke

UConn- back to the glory days- tried to incorporate elements from the championship eras..

Uconn-Basketball-Home.png

Uconn-Basketball-Away.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Nike would go for this....it's far too well thought-out. Nice job here! Now all UConn needs is to bring back those players and they'd be set. :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I don't really mind the ones they have no but I am also not a UCONN fan so might be why they don't bother me... that said I do really like the re-design you've done! It's simple but still has a unique look to it.

Any chance you get a job at Adidas and help them do the Michigan uni re-designs!!! I am a lil worried they are gonna look cheap and terrible!

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I don't think Nike would go for this....it's far too well thought-out. Nice job here! Now all UConn needs is to bring back those players and they'd be set. :P

That was my first thought exactly when I saw the Nike tag on the jerseys.

These are fantastic. The piping look they have now is not working out.

THOSE ARE TIGHT!!!!!! I love that look. It's what UConn should wear today, right now, this very minute (even though they are depressed sitting in beanbag shair eating cheetos watching a tournament that they should have gone far in). Seriously though, this is incredible. Great job here. Flawless!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I decided to turn this thread into the start of a series. Here's how it works- I'll design a concept, hopefully at least one per week, based off of community recommendations. Pretty much if I like someone's request, I'll do a concept for it. First (er..second) concept is an adidas based Michigan Wolverines concept as requested by JJSCOTT.

It's pretty similar to what they've used recently, but I tried making it look a bit more Adidas styled, if that makes sense.

Michigan-Home.png

Michigan-Away.png

Michigan-Alt.png

C&C and requests are welcome and appreciated.

i like both concepts so far, and i like that you will try to fix teams that are having trouble with certain company's templates. the michigan one only has two stripes, you know adidas wouldn't allow that. maybe you could figure something out for maryland, even though their new look isn't THAT bad, its just different.

I like the Maryland idea, eRay. Adidas doesn't really leave much of its trademark on its basketball uniforms besides the triangle logo, just look at Tennessee, Wisconsin, or Kansas. It's also important for me to say besides the jock tags, I'm trying to eliminate logo creep from these concepts as much as possible..

Not too big on the Michigan set, but I love what you did with UConn. You made a look I don't think anyone's ever used before, while tying it to the past. Very nicely done.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

instant Maryland upgrade. i would love to see the flag pattern that you have in the alt on the away too.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived