ScottySprings' College Hoops Redesign Series- Duke Blue Devils

scottysprings

Michigan V3-

michigan-1.png

Any ideas for next team?

Now that, I think is money.

Beautiful job. A+

I'd love to see my Buckeyes. :grin:

And I'd also love to see Xavier or Cincinnati.

That'd be cool.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright it's taken me a while but here's what I got for the Buckeyes. I drew most of my inspiration from their football uniforms, notably the trim striping which mimics the football pants' striping and the buckeye leaf on the collar. I hope all the Buckeye fans out there like it, it's one of my favorites so far. C&C svp.

OSU-Buckeyes-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I've spent a while on this next one and I really like how it turned out. I tried out a number of different web applications and this one by far came out the best. I also omitted a red alt to avoid any unwanted spiderman related conflicts :P . I hereby present my Richmond Spiders basketball uniforms.

Richmond.png

Those Richmond jerseys look great!

Agreed! I'm glad I suggested them, you did them justice. I just wish there was a little more going on with them. Maybe down the side of the shorts? Just a Red/Navy swoop like on some of the Nike SOD shorts. Something to make the shorts more interesting. They do look great, though.

I know Michigan and Ohio State are kind of old, but they are both great. I would suggest a white outline on the maize number for the blue jersey. And I love the buckeye on the neck of the Ohio State jersey.

I like the web pattern on Richmond, but the road jersey looks plain. Try making the sleeves white and red. The home jerseys look great.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Okey, well I received a request via PM for the next set which happens to be the Runnin' Utes from Utah. My goal here was to modernize their basketball uniforms similar to where their football uniforms were taken by Under Armour. On the homes I especially tried to emphasize black to separate them from the numerous red and white uniformed teams throughout the NCAA, something their current set surely doesn't do. The one thing I really like about their current set is the wordmark layout, the "Runnin'" above the number, and "Utes" below. I made a "Runnin' Utes" wordmark as similar as possible to the Impact-esque "Utah" they got goin' on their football uniforms. Enjoy :D

Utah.png

Okey, well I received a request via PM for the next set which happens to be the Runnin' Utes from Utah. My goal here was to modernize their basketball uniforms similar to where their football uniforms were taken by Under Armour. On the homes I especially tried to emphasize black to separate them from the numerous red and white uniformed teams throughout the NCAA, something their current set surely doesn't do. The one thing I really like about their current set is the wordmark layout, the "Runnin'" above the number, and "Utes" below. I made a "Runnin' Utes" wordmark as similar as possible to the Impact-esque "Utah" they got goin' on their football uniforms. Enjoy :D

Utah.png

drop the "runnin" that is stupid. did we think they wanted to be called the "sleeping" utes

Okay, here's what I've done for Duke. I think the black they've been using goes well with the blue and white but truth be told it's not one of their colors. The football team's 2008 unis eliminated the black they had been using the past few seasons and they look awesome; I think the straight blue and white is the way to go for Duke. Very simplistic design similar to that used during the early 90's. Comments?

Duke.png

Archived