world series logo?

Lalalaloser

Working on my MLB Preview I just came across this

08WS.gif

Love it! I love how they have the coloured leaves, obviously for "The Fall Classic". Very witty.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

That is pretty cool. I really like the old school font and the leaves. After a quick check, this would be the first World Series since 1991 not to have a globe in the primary logo. Hopefully this also leads them to get rid of WS07-Flag-Globe abbreviated things.

Exhibit A:

8f805s33gy1o0gwb5fz1.gif

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

I like how they're finally putting some Fall into the Fall Classic. Well done.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

How perfectly mediocre. The MLB logo is freakin' huge, much too big for the scale of the logo. It's just overwhelmingly large. Plus, it's effectively in Nationals colors, and although I know the Nats are going to surprise a lot of people this year, it's much too early for the World Series logo to be red and gold.

But serioiusly, that MLB logo is too freakin' big, and the oak leaves on home plate graphic is much too small. The "World Series" script is excellent; very "traditional baseball" in aesthetic effect.

The previous logo was a fantastic bit of design; it created a very flexible set of iconography that was perfect for the event. Note how the globe is suggested, not literally shown, and how the two pennants signify both the meeting of the two league champions and the famous WS trophy. A less-square font would have been better, but all around that was a very good design -- except for one thing: It made for terrible cap patches. That was the one place they didn't use the flexibility of the logo to good advantage.

If the new logo is just plopped, full form, onto a cap, it will be just as bad as the old logo was. If the designers show some restraint and use just the leaves-on-plate with the bracketing year numerals for the cap patch, they'll have a definite upgrade on the cap patch. And it would be hard for me to count the overall logo as an upgrade if it doesn't lead to a significant improvement in the appearance of the cap patch, since that's probably the most lasting, visible use of the WS logo today.

20082614447.png

OK...you all have to understand that this logo shown here is a partial logo. It is the wordmark version of the 2008 WS logo. It is NOT the full version. However, the full version does NOT have a globe in it.

And, if you look closely, you'll see that one of the other primary colors (along with the Red, Navy, and Gold) is Green.

Niiiiiice.

That font is 589432195384x better than anything they've used in the past 5 seasons for sure.

I can't stand the super-bold, flat fonts they've been using. But this is just about perfect.

I am also loving the leaves, great touch.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived