2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Thanks, Mets fans, for becoming more unbearable than my fellow Red Sox fans. Between the Shea Stadium trivia and the overreacting to a July loss... you're making us look good! So, again, thank you, guys!

:censored: you guys are a walk in the park by comparison. It almost makes me want to apologize for all the nasty things I've ever said to, or about, Red Sox fans...almost. :D Actually, I think you guys winning another title last year may have in the end helped your rep more than it hurt it. At least now you're all acting like you've been somewhere. Dare I say that Red Sox fans seem to have gone from whiny and reactionary to displaying a quiet confidence? At least around here anyway. Who knows? Maybe my kindness towards Red Sox fans is more a result of percocet than anything else... B)

Hey, at least Red Sox fans can now gloat about their success. I don't know about "quiet" confidence, but I don't mind them boasting and even the occasional shot at other teams... unlike say.... Cubs fans.... especially those who call some American League teams "irrelevant"

True. It used to be that Red Sox fans acted as if a title was owed to them for all their suffering. At least now they can be arrogant and insufferable for a reason. That helps I think. Plus, I think the novelty has worn off for them. They may not like it much but they're just like other fans now. Some good, some bad, none special.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, Mets fans, for becoming more unbearable than my fellow Red Sox fans. Between the Shea Stadium trivia and the overreacting to a July loss... you're making us look good! So, again, thank you, guys!

:censored: you guys are a walk in the park by comparison. It almost makes me want to apologize for all the nasty things I've ever said to, or about, Red Sox fans...almost. :D Actually, I think you guys winning another title last year may have in the end helped your rep more than it hurt it. At least now you're all acting like you've been somewhere. Dare I say that Red Sox fans seem to have gone from whiny and reactionary to displaying a quiet confidence? At least around here anyway. Who knows? Maybe my kindness towards Red Sox fans is more a result of percocet than anything else... B)

Hey, at least Red Sox fans can now gloat about their success. I don't know about "quiet" confidence, but I don't mind them boasting and even the occasional shot at other teams... unlike say.... Cubs fans.... especially those who call some American League teams "irrelevant"

True. It used to be that Red Sox fans acted as if a title was owed to them for all their suffering. At least now they can be arrogant and insufferable for a reason. That helps I think. Plus, I think the novelty has worn off for them. They may not like it much but they're just like other fans now. Some good, some bad, none special.

YEAH BUT WE'RE SPECIAL BECAUSE WE'RE WINNERS!!!

:P

But, sad to say, there are still some Red Sox fans who can be very annoying. Especially when they go all caps on us. :D But at least they are all class when someone says something decent about them.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

But, sad to say, there are still some Red Sox fans who can be very annoying. Especially when they go all caps on us. :D But at least they are all class when someone says something decent about them.

We're nothing if not humble. :rolleyes:^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Mike Hampton is (allegedly) scheduled to start Saturday's game at Philadelphia.

I'm trying my hardest not to make a terrible bet for myself that he finds a way NOT to start. He will tweak something, either before he starts or after 3 innings.

But if he makes the start and actually lasts...wow, about time. Good for him.

And good for the Braves. I did not see a 6-run 9th coming, especially against the Phils. A good series here means that the Braves actually have a shot later.

Dear Boston,

Joba.

Sincerely,

New York

Red Sox Suck.

Two games.

As for tonight... what do you expect when the four worst hitters in the lineup bat one after another? It just kills a lineup.

I should clarify this, as well... two of them are rookies of the four are rookies and three of the four are black holes in the lineup.

IUe6Hvh.png

Dear Boston,

Joba is a big fat turd (don't overreact, I'm just.quoting local radio.)

Sincerely,

New York (non-Mets fans)

Red Sox are still two games ahead of the Yankees.

Fixed for accuracy.

Seriously King, if the :censored:-ing :censored: hole of a game preves to you New Yorkers that your team is better than the Red Sox, please be my guest. Seriously, go right ahead.

If I learned anything from tonight's game, it's that

1. The umpiring was a colossal load of :censored:.

2. Joba Chamberlain is a good-for-nothing cowardly :censored:. :censored: his recent pitching success. What kind of personal issues does he have with one Kevin Youkilis?

3. Joshua Beckett is filthy, hopefully he can keep that up.

4. The bottom third of the Red Sox lineup isn't worth :censored:.

5. Terry Francona is begging for the idiot label for not pinch hitting Casey, yet again.

6. If this is what it takes for the MFY to beat the Sox, and this makes Yankees fans feel good about themselves and their team, than I am one happy dude.

And most importantly,

7. It's :censored:-ing on.

Dear Boston,

Joba.

Sincerely,

New York

Red Sox Suck.

If the first words out of your mouth concerning the Sox/Yanks game tonight isn't "Wow, that was a good game" then you aren't a baseball fan. It was a great game regardless of who won and you're still some games behind.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived