2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bay isn't keeping 44 is he? Over the years 44 seems to be dished out to upcoming prospects.

I think he is. He said he selected it because he's an Eric Davis fan.

Besides Brandon Moss, the number's also been recently worn by Orlando Cabrera, Gabe Kapler and Jay Payton, so it's not necessarily just designated for prospects.

McCarty too, right? or was he 10?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Bay isn't keeping 44 is he? Over the years 44 seems to be dished out to upcoming prospects.

I think he is. He said he selected it because he's an Eric Davis fan.

Besides Brandon Moss, the number's also been recently worn by Orlando Cabrera, Gabe Kapler and Jay Payton, so it's not necessarily just designated for prospects.

McCarty too, right? or was he 10?

He was 10.

Just seeing Griffey in a ChiSox jersey looks so damn weird...and I probably thought the same thing when he first got to Cincy too...

I guarantee that you did. His first game in a Reds uniform the team wore their vest jerseys with red sleeves underneath and his sleeves were long red and spandex. Those were in the days when teams still tried putting patches on the under-shirt sleaves and his patch looked like it had been taped on or something.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just seeing Griffey in a ChiSox jersey looks so damn weird...and I probably thought the same thing when he first got to Cincy too...

I guarantee that you did. His first game in a Reds uniform the team wore their vest jerseys with red sleeves underneath and his sleeves were long red and spandex. Those were in the days when teams still tried putting patches on the under-shirt sleaves and his patch looked like it had been taped on or something.

I'm guessing like this, or this.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Have I mentioned how awesome MLB.TV is?

It's great, I had it last year.

My internet connection isn't nearly reliable enough to have gotten it this year, though. The only issue with it is the blackouts on Saturdays when FOX airs a game, whether your team is playing in said game or not. Though, admittedly, my team usually is playing in the FOX games... and the ESPN games. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

My internet connection isn't nearly reliable enough to have gotten it this year, though. The only issue with it is the blackouts on Saturdays when FOX airs a game, whether your team is playing in said game or not. Though, admittedly, my team usually is playing in the FOX games... and the ESPN games. ^_^

For some reason, my billing zip code is exempt from blackout, even though everywhere around me is a Sox/Cubs blackout

2IA3b.png

For some reason, my billing zip code is exempt from blackout, even though everywhere around me is a Sox/Cubs blackout

Odd. But I think all Saturday day games up until, like, 5 or so are blacked out no matter who's playing. Some sort of FOX/MLB thing.

IUe6Hvh.png

Odd. But I think all Saturday day games up until, like, 5 or so are blacked out no matter who's playing. Some sort of FOX/MLB thing.

Oh yeah, I remember the White Sox were playing the Rays in Tampa, and since they moved the start up an hour, the first hour was blacked out.

2IA3b.png

I'm glad someone is smart enough to enforce a rule on grooming.

Good job Torre!

Does the length of his hair really matter? Hair "grooming" rules are silly. I wonder if Manny's hair was discussed as part of the deal.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Is it free?

Nothing ever is....

Speaking of free, is anyone else surprised that ESPN.com is still free? I figured they would want big money for just viewing their home page....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Mets just called up 3B (trying to turn into 2B) prospect Dan Murphy one day after he was promoted to AAA and they're slotting him 6th in the lineup tonight. Needless to say I don't expect much if anything out of him at this moment, but I'm excited...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Is it free?

Nothing ever is....

Speaking of free, is anyone else surprised that ESPN.com is still free? I figured they would want big money for just viewing their home page....

Shame on people for wanting to get compensated for their work. :cursing:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not a bad start for Bay in Boston as today, his 3 run HR in the first puts Boston up 5-2!

And Hedley, MLB.tv is somewhat cheap. I'm not sure exactly what it costs but I think I got about 3/4 of the season last year for about $30, which isn't too bad considering I used it to follow three teams, the Sox, Rockies, and Yankees. It gets cheaper the farther you get into the season as well. Especially worth it if you don't live near where you can watch your team regularly.

IUe6Hvh.png

Is it free?

Nothing ever is....

I just think you shouldn't have to pay for all the "Insider" crap and lame blogs. What's the point?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Is it free?

Nothing ever is....

I just think you shouldn't have to pay for all the "Insider" crap and lame blogs. What's the point?

I don't get it, you think they're lame and crap but you still want to be able to read them?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived