2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cincinnati Reds have finally dealt Adam Dunn.

He goes to the Diamondbacks in exchange for a handful of prospects.

ESPN.com

But Adam Dunn doesn't even like baseball...

haha.

If this is AZ's answer for Manny, I offer my condolences to D-backs fans.

While Adam Dunn was well-liked here in Cincy, he was equally hated.

But I wish him the best of luck.

And the Reds might as well have open tryouts now.

here's one for y'all...when was the last time the MLB home run leader was traded midseason.

Mark McGwire was killing the ball when he went to STL from Oakland in 1997. That would be my guess without cheating.

BTW, Great question Greg! You really should consider starting up your own series of daily post whoring trivia threads, ala the immortal Tnak Stumper. :upside:

6uXNWAo.png

ESPN.com

haha.

Since losing O-dog for the year, this is pretty much going to balance things out. He is a proven player and with him we should have another good bat.

Meanwhile Omar Minaya is still asleep as the Mets bullpen is single handily taking them out of the race led by the worst reliever of all time Aaron Heilman.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Let's see... the Mets' bullpen blows another lead... no, I don't think the Mets have the bullpen they need to win the East. Then again, the Phils don't have the starters they need to win the East.

It hasn't been the starters letting down the Phils of late. It's the impotent, non-clutch offense, which was supposed to be the team's strength going in.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The Mets have lost 12 games they have led in the 8th inning or later this year.

Thats a back breaking stat, and its perplexing that our GM who is called the best in baseball by SI and these media outlets but when he talks he sounds like a moron fails every time at the deadline.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Let's see... the Mets' bullpen blows another lead... no, I don't think the Mets have the bullpen they need to win the East. Then again, the Phils don't have the starters they need to win the East.

It hasn't been the starters letting down the Phils of late. It's the impotent, non-clutch offense, which was supposed to be the team's strength going in.

Surprisingly, the only starter that hasn't been pitching well lately is Hamels. It pains me to no end to have to root for Myers, but I have no choice right now.

Actually, yes I do. F him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Meanwhile Omar Minaya is still asleep as the Mets bullpen is single handily taking them out of the race led by the worst reliever of all time Aaron Heilman.

I'm sure he'll be able to trade for a top notch reliever at this point in the season. :rolleyes:

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

They dont need top notch they need passably good

What's "passably good" by your standards? If he allows a hit, you'll be calling for him to be traded and blame Minaya for all your miseries.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Someone not named Aaron Heilman when he comes in he acts like Might Mouse instead of saying "Here I Come to Save the Day" Heilman shouts "Here I come to RUIN the Day".

Passable

Someone like Chad Bradford, Arthur Rhodes, or Kyle Farnsworth.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

so, the marlins are going to win it then? Looks like they're right on pace to win it again in 2009, 6 years after 2003 which was 6 years after 1997. Crazier things have happened.

PvO6ZWJ.png

ESPN.com

haha.

The good thing about living in New Orleans.....I didn't get many chances to see the Reds suck this year. We may have a bright future ahead with Volquez, Cueto, Votto, Bruce and the like, but without veteran leadership (such as Griffey), we are :censored:ed.

God bless Oakland for letting Detroit keep their hopes alive! Now for a four game set with the Jays followed by 3 with the O's and things should (emphasis on "should") be alright.

Didn't start off too good there, eh? :)

Did I mention we were just swept at home by Cleveland?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

ESPN.com

haha.

The good thing about living in New Orleans.....I didn't get many chances to see the Reds suck this year. We may have a bright future ahead with Volquez, Cueto, Votto, Bruce and the like, but without veteran leadership (such as Griffey), we are :censored:ed.

Which is why I think they need an ass-kicker as a manager. Dusty Baker IMO isn't right for this team and hasn't been since they hired him. They FINALLY have some decent pitching options and in that ballpark they will figure out a way to score runs they just need some leadership to come from somewhere as you said.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived