2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Dont be so sure about CC in NY.

I've heard that CC wants to pitch closer to home here in SoCal. More specifically here in Anaheim.

I counter your Anaheim with my Los Angeles.

Ugh... *sigh*

They play in Anaheim... that's why I said in Anaheim... LA City Limits are about 45 miles to the north...

And if you meant the actual LA team in the Dodgers,

Game on! :P

BTW,

This whole Brewers/Phillies/Mets dynamic, while entirely pathetic, is oh-so fun to watch from the outside. It really is quite sad to watch though. :D.

And the Rays,

Thank you for staying ahead of Boston, now get away from us :D

Oh and gingerbreadman...

SEE YOU IN OCTOBER AT THE BIG A!!!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cubs just defeated CC Sabathia and the Brewers, knocking their Magic Number to clinch the Central down to 4.

Combine that with being 6 games up on the NL East leader, Chicago should own home field advantage in the National League.

This should be a fun October in Wrigleyville ... I hope! :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

I've heard that CC wants to pitch closer to home here in SoCal. More specifically here in Anaheim.

BTW,

This whole Brewers/Phillies/Mets dynamic, while entirely pathetic, is oh-so fun to watch from the outside. It really is quite sad to watch though. :D .

???

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Phillies win 8-7

Mets lose 1-0

Leading the division baby!!

^_^

Ryan Howard could be headed for another MVP. That HR off Gonzalez was HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

then Lidge decides to go Wild Thing on us with 3 walks and survives

Still hasn't blown a save and the Phils still haven't lost when leading after 8. I think that's also their 39th comeback win?

BTW,

This whole Brewers/Phillies/Mets dynamic, while entirely pathetic, is oh-so fun to watch from the outside. It really is quite sad to watch though. :D .

???

Well the Mets/Brewers side is pathetic. The Phillies are the ones reaping the benefits of it. So they're all tied in. Pathetic. Sad. Yet very enjoyable fall drama.

Mets need the Brewers to keep losing because the division might be lost, becuase they will get lose tomorrow for sure with Brandon Knight on the mound. Its incredible the bullpen finally broke their backs this weekend they needed those two games and the pen melt down might have killed them. 17 games lost leading in the 8th or later. The Mets need K-Rod.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

BTW,

???

Well the Mets/Brewers side is pathetic. The Phillies are the ones reaping the benefits of it. So they're all tied in. Pathetic. Sad. Yet very enjoyable fall drama.

The Phillies are 17 games above 500, it's not like they're leading by default. This ain't the NL West.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No matter how pathetic it gets for the Mets and Brewers down the stretch, one of these teams will inevitably get into the playoffs since no other team in the NL cares to step up and make a run at the Wild Card, ala the 2007 Rockies.

6uXNWAo.png

The Marlins scare me right now. They're only 5 back with the Astros, Phillies, Nationals and Mets on their schedule. The Phils lost 4 of the 5 series against them this year and haven't won a series in Miami since April 2006...

BTW,

???

The Phillies are 17 games above 500, it's not like they're leading by default. This ain't the NL West.

Tell me about it. I love listening to "teh Doyers are AMAZING" and "teh D-Back r blowin it" on the radio all day. I love my Angels being out front and clinched and happy, but it leads to a terrible listen on sports radio around here, because they wont be interesting or relevant again until October.

As for the Wild Card, its too bad the Astros have faltered lately after everything that happened with Ike.

It would've been much more interesting for the race as a whole. Hopefully they can right the ship and say the Marlins get hot while the Brewers/Mets keep falling. THAT would be interesting.

But really, the NL bores and dissatisfies me as a whole :P

Ugh... *sigh*

They play in Anaheim... that's why I said in Anaheim... LA City Limits are about 45 miles to the north...

And if you meant the actual LA team in the Dodgers,

Game on! :P

I meant the Dodgers.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Ugh... *sigh*

Ummm LA city limits are only a scant 24 miles from the Disneyland parking lot. B)

Knowing the Yankees are totally out of it I'm enjoying watching the Rays. I love how those guys are playing much credit to them and hopefully they win the division.

I'm also enjoying watching the Mets' collapse seems like deja vu all over again. The Mets don't need K-Rod they need serious help in middle relief to get to a closer.

And congrats to the Sacramento River Cats for winning the AAA Championship. Ironically it was the first game of theirs I was able to see on television since they don't seem to show them here in Sacramento.

Now that we're a game clear of them, I can start rooting for the Brewers and hoping that the Mets die like the dogs that they are.

Even if the Mets get into the playoffs -- and I think equally of my own club -- I don't foresee them getting very far on their pitching. Yes, they have Santana and some decent starters, but it seems like their bullpen isn't finishing the job.

philly.png

Looks like it's going to be an interesting couple weeks for the NL West. Dodgers are 4.5 Games ahead, but Arizona is still in the chase. Looks like we'll possibly get an exciting chase in the worst division in baseball

Archived