Colts looking for new horse

sj32

I don't understand why they used light blue. I thought gray was more of a team color than light blue ever was. Before this year I never saw any light blue on their website or any promotional materials. I wish they avoided the color.

yeah good point eray

they should have done this:

indy_fix.gif

also...yeah wow at that attempt at homophonism.

Yeah, it is pretty homo, isn't it?

(No offence to any homophones that may be on this board...)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coltshirt.gif

this shirt is still better..

i did submit something ...i took a logo i already had done and 1-colored it (like the horseshoe) and revamped it...

colt1.gif

i did however get to use it anyways as we used it for a softball team i'm on...we went old chargers shield with my new horse head....

heres the shield that is on the shirts...the logo....and the embroidered caps.

colt2.gif

pic.jpg

footer_helmet.gif

I was at the game at the New Lucas Oil Stadium last night and I saw the horse used twice. Once on a banner advertising a Season Ticket waiting list and on the t-shirt linked above. I heard at least one person say it was hideous. My buddy IU was with didn't know about the promotion, but thought it looked silly. I assured him there were many better.

I was at the game at the New Lucas Oil Stadium last night and I saw the horse used twice. Once on a banner advertising a Season Ticket waiting list and on the t-shirt linked above. I heard at least one person say it was hideous. My buddy IU was with didn't know about the promotion, but thought it looked silly. I assured him there were many better.

What did you think of the stadium? It looked great on TV...I'm always curious to hear about first-hand accounts of new venues...I was at the first game at University of Phoenix Stadium myself.

I still can't believe they're going to tear down the RCA Dome...it seems like only a few years ago that thing was brand new, and I was in there getting a tour of the place...

I still can't believe they're going to tear down the RCA Dome...it seems like only a few years ago that thing was brand new, and I was in there getting a tour of the place...

Tell me about it. I feel that way about the Edward James Dome, which will be among the next to fall.

Tell me about it. I feel that way about the Edward James Dome, which will be among the next to fall.

I was actually also at the very first event at Market Square Arena as well - a Glen Campbell concert in 1974!

(I was 11. My mom made me go.)

I was actually also at the very first event at Market Square Arena as well - a Glen Campbell concert in 1974!

(I was 11. My mom made me go.)

You're allowed to admit you like Glen Campbell. When you do so, it will be gentle on your mind.

By the way, the next time you go to Phoenix, I wonder if she'll be risin' by the time you get there.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

What did you think of the stadium? It looked great on TV...I'm always curious to hear about first-hand accounts of new venues...I was at the first game at University of Phoenix Stadium myself.

I too was at the opening of UoP in Glendale against the Stillers. I lived there for three years and worked for a newspaper out there. I attended every game at that stadium until this year, including the bowl games and the Super Bowl. That made the trip to Indy so special because I had something to compare it to.

The outside of Lucas Oil is immaculate. It fits into the area amazingly well. it doesn't stick out too much and holds it's aesthetic really well compared to the older buildings in the area. There is not a lot of room around the stadium. We didn't tailgate because we were given tickets but not parking passes, but the lots were plenty large enough for tailgating. UoP has the great lawn and that was awesome. Lucas Oil stadium needs a great lawn and I think plans are in the works to build something similar between the stadium and the soon to be demolished RCA Dome.

Inside LOS is much roomier than UoP. The concourses are wider and there are a lot more concessions or seemingly a lot more. Restrooms are easy to find because they are everywhere, just like UoP. If you break the stadium into quads, each one is sponsored by a different company. I didn't care for that. One quad was brought to you by HH Greg, an appliance retailer out here. They were selling TVs and Appliances to fans. You don't need that in a stadium.

The views are very similar to UoP. The sideline seats are good no matter where you sit. The endzones feature two separate layouts. One endzone has giant window that opens, so seating there is not as tall or steep, but on the opposite end the seats go way up and are extremely steep. They look like great seats.

I sat in the far reaches, section 605... And loved the view. it was nearly the same seat I had for the Super Bowl last year. The field turf looks great and the retractable roof is a treat, and allows the stadium to host their Super Bowl and Final Fours. I prefer outdoor venues though.

One major disappointment is the difficulty to get from the lower levels to the upper levels.

I have no issue walking a ramp for ten minutes to reach the upper deck and I think more people probably should, especially after you eat a 2/3 pound cheeseburger, fries and a Coke, but there is only one ramp and two upward moving escalators. The foot traffic was packed by the escalators and because most people are too lazy to walk up the ramp, everyone was clogging up that area. There was no formal line so there was a lot of pushing and shoving. That could lead to trouble later.

Overall LOS is a great stadium. It's hard to say which is better; UoP or LOS, but I have an affinity for UoP.

I too was at the opening of UoP in Glendale against the Stillers. I lived there for three years and worked for a newspaper out there. I attended every game at that stadium until this year, including the bowl games and the Super Bowl. That made the trip to Indy so special because I had something to compare it to.

The outside of Lucas Oil is immaculate. It fits into the area amazingly well. it doesn't stick out too much and holds it's aesthetic really well compared to the older buildings in the area. There is not a lot of room around the stadium. We didn't tailgate because we were given tickets but not parking passes, but the lots were plenty large enough for tailgating. UoP has the great lawn and that was awesome. Lucas Oil stadium needs a great lawn and I think plans are in the works to build something similar between the stadium and the soon to be demolished RCA Dome.

Inside LOS is much roomier than UoP. The concourses are wider and there are a lot more concessions or seemingly a lot more. Restrooms are easy to find because they are everywhere, just like UoP. If you break the stadium into quads, each one is sponsored by a different company. I didn't care for that. One quad was brought to you by HH Greg, an appliance retailer out here. They were selling TVs and Appliances to fans. You don't need that in a stadium.

The views are very similar to UoP. The sideline seats are good no matter where you sit. The endzones feature two separate layouts. One endzone has giant window that opens, so seating there is not as tall or steep, but on the opposite end the seats go way up and are extremely steep. They look like great seats.

I sat in the far reaches, section 605... And loved the view. it was nearly the same seat I had for the Super Bowl last year. The field turf looks great and the retractable roof is a treat, and allows the stadium to host their Super Bowl and Final Fours. I prefer outdoor venues though.

One major disappointment is the difficulty to get from the lower levels to the upper levels.

I have no issue walking a ramp for ten minutes to reach the upper deck and I think more people probably should, especially after you eat a 2/3 pound cheeseburger, fries and a Coke, but there is only one ramp and two upward moving escalators. The foot traffic was packed by the escalators and because most people are too lazy to walk up the ramp, everyone was clogging up that area. There was no formal line so there was a lot of pushing and shoving. That could lead to trouble later.

Overall LOS is a great stadium. It's hard to say which is better; UoP or LOS, but I have an affinity for UoP.

I love it. Thanks for taking the time for the write-up. Even better that you're able to make an objective comparison. Especially between my favorite team's stadium (Cardinals), and my (distant) second favorite team's new place (Colts).

I do know that once the RCA Dome comes down that they're going to expand the Convention Center; maybe they'll leave a little room for a tailgating area. Interesting.

I have already been hearing some complaints about the ramps/escalators issues at LOS...sounds like it could be a potential issue. Didn't really see too much of that at UOP, although during that Steelers exhibition game, the escalators broke down at one point (I was in the Ring of Honor level on the West side).

I think they DID cut some corners with the amenities at UOP a bit, but they certainly COULD improve some of those things later on. And let's all remember the difference in price tags - $455 mil for UOP vs. $720 mil for LOS (the dramatic increase in the price of steel notwithstanding).

Now, you need to be in Arlington next year for the opening of the Cowboys' new place, and in the Meadowlands in 2010...

I have already been hearing some complaints about the ramps/escalators issues at LOS...sounds like it could be a potential issue. Didn't really see too much of that at UOP, although during that Steelers exhibition game, the escalators broke down at one point (I was in the Ring of Honor level on the West side).

That sucks. Escalators break, and then what do you have?

... Oh yeah, stairs.

... Oh yeah, stairs.

Sorry for the convenience.

It was a joke... I imagined an escalator stopping, and then people just standing there like "What do we do now?!" It's like people have never seen a staircase NOT move.

... Oh yeah, stairs.

Sorry for the convenience.

It was a joke... I imagined an escalator stopping, and then people just standing there like "What do we do now?!" It's like people have never seen a staircase NOT move.

Not a Mitch Hedberg fan I guess.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived