Colts looking for new horse

sj32

So to bring this up again, do they retain the rights to the unused finalists?

No. If you send them an email, they will reply to it stating that you do, in fact, retain the rights to your work. Legally, I don't think they could claim copyrights to all the submitted work anyway, regardless of what the contract says, because nothing (monetary or otherwise) was exchanged for the ownership.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so i don't feel like trawling the whole thread - what design won?

Still waiting. Last I heard results are in but Colts are checking for any possible copyright issues. No announcement date or eta was given.

it wouldn't shock me if the winner hasn't already received his/her compensation, and we never find out which design won...

jldesigns404eo.png

I haven't read any posts in a while, and this will be my last post. I have a suspicion that the decision was a lot more difficult than we might think. The chatter on this project has been almost all negative and I'd guess the Colts staff has seen some of it. Much of it has been highly critical of both the process and their creative judgement. I wouldn't be greatly surprised if the selection was not one of the submitted solutions, maybe even a hybrid developed by one of their agencies or communications firms. The professional graphic designers who invested in the process know how bad most of what we've seen actually is; not even remotely acceptable. That doesn't mean one of the concepts won't get used. It will just be unfortunate. As a fan, I would rather they have contracted a reputable Indianapolis firm, spent the $5-10,000 and gotten something we can be proud of. The irony is (and I have been involved in "naming" and "logo" projects with a few of my clients) this was conceived as a "publicity" effort which has probably degraded into a time consuming exercise in damage control with the marketing staff spending more time, and more internal resources, than any of them expected. They would have saved in the long run if they had just bought it.

The Colts are probably doing what was done with the Manitoba Moose contest. They gathered ideas, narrowed it down to the one (however the method), and now are having professionals tweak the artwork to bring it to their standards.

This board's criticism of the contest is hardly a litmus test for the public in general. Damage control is not an issue. That's not to say they aren't aware of what has been discussed here. It is just that, for most of the public, all that is known is that a logo contest was held. Nothing more.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

• 1 month later...
Any updates on this issue?

if there was any updates we would have known about it.

Maybe they ran out of whatever it is they were smoking and figured out their final 5 all look like crap. Now, they will just never mention it again and hope we don't either...

Maybe they ran out of whatever it is they were smoking and figured out their final 5 all look like crap. Now, they will just never mention it again and hope we don't either...

Kind of like the "Kane burned over 90% of his body and killed his parents" thing?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thing is tho, Kane didnt realize once he took his mask off his skin would heal instantly, lol

Also nevermind the fact that when his mask gopt removed a few years before it did, his hair was still intatc, yet by 2003 or whenever he took it off for good, his hair came off.

Thing is tho, Kane didnt realize once he took his mask off his skin would heal instantly, lol

Also nevermind the fact that when his mask gopt removed a few years before it did, his hair was still intatc, yet by 2003 or whenever he took it off for good, his hair came off.

I know we're getting way off topic, but why the hell does Kane shave his head the way he does? He shaves it smooth up front, and leaves some fuzz in the back to make him look bald, but the dude isn't bald! He could grow it long again if he wanted to and he goes for this stupid look.

its to maintain the burn story line, he is "scarred" and thats also why he wears the white out contact(s)

I'm surprised Kane is still around. I stopped following wrestling in about 1999 (holy crap, that's almost ten years ago), but I remember that whole storyline... And yes, that is indeed what I hope the Colts do... they can give out prizes to the finalists on the condition that they never mention it again.

The grand prize winner will be selected through a fan vote on Colts.com and announced April 26 at the Colts? annual Draft Day Party.

It should be out by now.

Maybe they went with the Napoleon Dynamite concept and party got out of hand...

6uXNWAo.png

The grand prize winner will be selected through a fan vote on Colts.com and announced April 26 at the Colts? annual Draft Day Party.

It should be out by now.

Maybe they went with the Napoleon Dynamite concept and party got out of hand...

that or God called the colts up on the phone and said no to the winning design. Now they probably are working with a professional designer to get a professional logo. WHich is why its taking so long.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I remember the Kane storyline. Another reason why I can't watch that crap anymore. Cheesy and embarrassing storylines. Does an eight year old write this crap?

You know what would be cool? What if Undertaker had a brother, but like a freak brother that burned his parents and himself or something. So he was like locked in a basement and stuff. Then like he could come back and fight the Undertaker, and the Undertaker would be like, you're a freak! lets fight! and they would. That would be so cool.

LOL, Whatever your cup of tea is, I guess.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, football season is here and still no sign of a new Indy horse logo.

I'll go ahead and assume the Colts sobered up and scrapped the idea, which was probably the right call after seeing those brutal concepts they picked out.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived