Colts looking for new horse

sj32

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conspiracy theory #45: The Colts organization saw and likes #1, but has to make this a vote to appear democratic. They pick some junk to run against it to try to rig the vote. If #1 wins they can say it was a fair vote, then pay the person the chump change.

So please vote anything but #1. I voted for number 5. Why? Because the head looks like the Broncos and they can't keep that.

Those finalists are all atrocious (besides, perhaps, the first one). The second one looks like the head was based on their crappy current alternate horse and the fourth looks like somebody traced the Calgary Stampeders or SMU Mustangs logo and drew a smiley face on it and some muscles. I voted No. 4 to hopefully get them stuck with it. :lol:

By the way, whoever made the logo with the horseshoe/C in front of the state of Indiana - you should have won!

Maybe they had their hearts set on one of them, so they surrounded it with crappier logos.

See my post a few above yours...

Conspiracy theory #45: The Colts organization saw and likes #1, but has to make this a vote to appear democratic. They pick some junk to run against it to try to rig the vote. If #1 wins they can say it was a fair vote, then pay the person the chump change.

Maybe they had their hearts set on one of them, so they surrounded it with crappier logos.

See my post a few above yours...

My Bad.

Hi, how are you?

Thank you for making me laugh out loud in the library and looking like a total idiot. It was seriously funny, though.

Also, I would encourage everyone to not delete their images from their Photobucket accounts or remove them from the forums in any way for a little while. I want to put together a compilation of what the Colts are missing. While none of the logos is perfect, each one is better than any of the Top 5.

It's fun to get sucked into a :censored:ty contest, isn't it?

Phew. I am SO glad I didn't enter this thing. Seems too easy to say "I told you so" but it is evident there is nothing above board about this "contest" whatsoever.

If you're a real marketing guy with the team, and you're serious about this......you can't even nominate designs that look so similar to (both) Denver Broncos designs and that newest one which is far too similar to , if nothing else, Ford's Mustang logo.

I wish it hadn't played out like this. But it's actually WORSE than I had imagined.

They are going to quietly give some kid a grand and none of these will ever see the light of day on official merchandise. Some intern will get credit for a "Great job kid!" cause the contest totalled XX entries and XXX million web hits and he'll be promoted and this kinda junk will continue forever and ever. Some real designs.......with some real merit......will be just as quietly emailed to SME or Verlander and in two years.........VOILA! New look Colts. Only the designer and maybe 3 of us who saw it will connect the dots. No money for you......you signed over your work to us in 2008.

It never said in the fine print, that only the "winner's" artwork was property of the team. It all is.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

interesting discussion (and a few solid submissions) on this site:

http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?t=30385

I beg to differ. Almost all of the artwork that is presented on that particular board is God-awful compared to the many designs presented on this board. Worse yet, people on that board are all patting each other on the back for creating such "great" designs that didn't even make the finals. What a joke. The Colts must have put idiots like them in charge of the selection process. I took a crap today that looked like a more suitable logo than the finalists. Ugh. Whatever. Like I said before, at least I get a nice portfolio piece out of it all.

NFL= Not Finalist-quality Logos

So according to an email the posters on that thread received from the Colts, the original #4 was found to have been stolen off another website after it was announced as a finalist.

Which means the replacement is something they probably hurriedly drew up on a napkin.

Attention Colts organization:

failship.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And apparently the Colts' promotions dept. is replying to emails stating that designers DO retain the copyrights to their work, contrary to the contest 'guidelines'.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Interestingly, I tried to join the Colts' fan board (the link posted by leggman) to chime in on the severely ignorant discussion they have going on there, but both of my gmail addresses have been banned by the administrator even though I have never before visited the Colts website or fanboard until this contest began. Do you think they banned all the contestants' email addresses so they wouldn't join the fan board and educate Colts fans about what sort of hoo-ha went on during the judging? I couldn't figure out why my email addresses would be banned. My email address from school worked fine, btw, but I have yet to post anything.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

And apparently the Colts' promotions dept. is replying to emails stating that designers DO retain the copyrights to their work, contrary to the contest 'guidelines'.

Where did you see that?

I sure wish the Colts organization could/would read our message board. Maybe, just maybe (but probably not), it would open their eyes to the joke they are becoming. In the end it won't be a big deal because they have Manning and are winning, but if they were an awful team, this bad contest would draw even more negative attention to them. But, when you're winning, you can do no wrong (i.e. Buffaslug).

Archived