Colts looking for new horse

sj32

I love how there isn't even a link to the contest on the front page. All of those finalists are a joke. I emailed the Colts to politely tell them that they have made a huge mistake. I know that nothing will result of my email, but maybe if they get flooded with emails something will be done. But, probably not. The only thing worse then seeing those five finalists would be if a good one made the finals, and then lost to the Napoleon horse. Oh well. At least I have this for my portfolio now. Go Steelers!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That alone would be acceptable for an actual alternate. i like the simplicity of it.

most everyone's design in this thread alone are finalist quality, and yet the 5 they chose looks like something they pulled out of their ass.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The finalists make a very strong case for those who thought holding a contest was a joke. I didn't think so but these are forcing me to reconsider.

These are just awful, and if that's what they call "playful but strong" or whatever, they need a dictionary.

#2 looks like it's hanging on a fence. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Those all look unprofessional. Terrible choices, I'm not voting.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wow, looking at the other posts in this topic made me think mine wasn't Top 5 caliber. Looking at the Top 5, however, makes me know mine is Top 5 caliber, as is everyone else's from the boards.

My guess is a.) They're updating as they go along and those were the best of the first wave, or b.) they only pick people from Indiana.

i have found that you can revote about every 20 mins or so....im on vote 22 so far

all for number 3. that 10 year old is gunna have some killer seats

so they required these in eps right, so how did the NEW pencil drawing one make it? im guessing the ol' jpeg in an eps file trick

these had to just be 5 random selections....

footer_helmet.gif

Those are great.

I was going to reply that the samples posted looked like Clip Art and that they would surely be looking for something better.

Then I found the link and saw that these are actually the examples they're giving as what's likely to win the thing.

And then I laughed. A lot.

Has anyone pondered the possibility that the 'winner' might end up being someone who doesn't have a full grasp on IP Law (And unless your 6th Grade cirriculum covers it, I'm going to suggest it's unlikely) then the we might even end up with the Colts getting sued by the Clip Art/other team's logo original designer. Or, at the very least, the Colts not being allowed to copyright the logo because it was public domain first.

And then I laughed again. A lot.

3271peanutsmonkeys.jpg

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

designahorse04ti2.jpg

Finally, a logo less professional than the old Toledo Storm logo! The team president must be so proud of their kid.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

i have found that you can revote about every 20 mins or so....im on vote 22 so far

all for number 3. that 10 year old is gunna have some killer seats

so they required these in eps right, so how did the NEW pencil drawing one make it? im guessing the ol' jpeg in an eps file trick

these had to just be 5 random selections....

EDIT: Nevermind haha, found it (where to vote) on the main page! Beauty! Let the games begin!

Here is the link:

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=2008_designahorse

H3 all day long!

This is insulting! I got sucked into this contest and they shun all the talented logo, and use 6th graders drawings? I can see if this was a poster contest and your stuff get to hang at the entrance way, but for an alternate logo? WTF Colts WTF! I almost want to print off 1000 copies of my logo and paste them to the Colts headquarters doors. Show them what an up-and-coming graphic design can do. This change really pisses me off!

I mean really?

Colts_alt.png

versus this?

designahorse04ti2.jpg

Yours is nice but it looks like it has an anteater head.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Wow guys, I think everyone on this board that posted a logo was 1000000 times better than the pieces of :censored: they picked for the final 5. These chicken scratch drawings have to be from the exec's kids or something. I remember designing a logo for my elementary school back when I was 9 and that's exactly what all these "logos" look like. This is crap. On the bright side if you're a colts hater, at least you can help make them look :censored:tier. :) VOTE #4.

rob66.png

Archived