Colts looking for new horse

sj32

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happened to this contest. I wanted to vote/see which logo won, but I can't find it anywhere on the Colt's website. Have they just given up after realizing how bad the logos were

I hope so.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

What happened to this contest. I wanted to vote/see which logo won, but I can't find it anywhere on the Colt's website. Have they just given up after realizing how bad the logos were

they just went ahead and told the gm's son his drawing won and took it off the site.

footer_helmet.gif

Well, I got sucked in just like everyone else...weighing the pros vs the cons got to me. I figured I would compromise investing too much time in such a blind endeavor and simply create a streamlined update to the original Baltimore Colts logo...not only does it fit the trend a lot of NFL teams are following (Seahawks, Falcons, Giants, etc) but it also fits their traditional brand image.

Last 'contest' I'm ever paying attention to...my competetive spirit just got the best of me in this case...lesson learned.

colts.png

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Well, I got sucked in just like everyone else...weighing the pros vs the cons got to me. I figured I would compromise investing too much time in such a blind endeavor and simply create a streamlined update to the original Baltimore Colts logo...not only does it fit the trend a lot of NFL teams are following (Seahawks, Falcons, Giants, etc) but it also fits their traditional brand image.

Last 'contest' I'm ever paying attention to...my competetive spirit just got the best of me in this case...lesson learned.

colts.png

of all the concepts i have seen THAT there should be the secondary logo. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

colts.png

The biggest problem with this logo is that if they put it in the top 5, it would have won.

colts.png

Good work there. That looks like something they'd realistically be expected to use. However, since it's basically only an update of a logo they already own, I don't see why they'd award you as the winner.

colts.png

I like that a lot too except it doesn't have Lake Michigan's impression in the Northwest corner.

colts.png

I like that a lot too except it doesn't have Lake Michigan's impression in the Northwest corner.

Since it's an update it should have a face mask on the helmet.

Also, there should be a unit on the horse. They're the Colts not the Geldings. :P

370.gif

Far, far, far, far from it. Just because it has a black outline and white highlights doesn't make it NFL caliber, or anything like the Bengals' tiger. It looks like it was traced in Adobe Illustrator. It looks like one of my preliminary designs when I first started in Illustrator.

NFL Caliber? Hardly. It needs more work than where it is now.

Are you serious? You really think this Bengal tiger looks NFL caliber?

It is in the NFL, however, it has a few dramatic flaws.

The head and body are a complete mismatch. The head looks like it was stuck on as a after thought. Like two different people came up with two logos and they stuck the head from one design onto the body of the other.

Too much white in head and/or not enough in body. Google Images for Bengal Tiger and you will see what I mean.

PS: I do like the premise of this logo, the two shapes(head and body), and the use of just the head as a secondary. They just need to match the head to the body better. I would lessen the white in the head a little and add a little white blend in the body.

That bengal tiger has been taking Mark McGwire's workout in a bottle. Overdeveloped shoulders and forelegs, atrophied hind legs and ridiculous looking rat tail. Probably a really cartoonish attempt at graphical perspective.

Everybody is so negative and bitter about this. Nobody that is talking smack about the contest has shown anything better that they have come up with. There have only been maybe 2 entries that should have been in the finals. One of them is this one pictured on the left. If the hair-do were changed to something other than spikes and the 2 or 3 curvy highlights were defined more with the shape they are highlighting, it would have been a lot better IMHO but still pretty darn good nevertheless. Maybe the reason it didn't make it was just because the pose was too similar to number 1. The colts picked one and went with it. I'm not trying to imply that either are cheating. Only the pose is similar if you flip one horizontally. Which means either they both worked from a similar reference photo, or every running horse they have both seen has always been seen from this angle at this point in their gallop.

colt_sidebyside.jpg

The colts picked one and went with it.

And with that statement my dear spinner, you have hit the mother****** nail on the mother******** head. i think you will find that most of the posters in this thread found that the contest stunk to high hell... firstly a multi multi multi million dollar entity being to cheap to actually hire someone to design this logo.. secondly, it was obvious that that horse was the one that they wanted all along and surrounded it with chicken scratch and dog vomit to make it seem so much better than the others.... most people on here will not say that there designs would win.. just that this "vote" was rigged and that is truly disgraceful. everyone on here called it from day one.... it was that obvious..

sig.png

Everybody is so negative and bitter about this. Nobody that is talking smack about the contest has shown anything better that they have come up with.

Really....nothing posted here is better than this? :wacko::blink:<_<

designahorse04ti2.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Everybody is so negative and bitter about this. Nobody that is talking smack about the contest has shown anything better that they have come up with.

designahorse04ti2.jpg

I, too, am puzzled by the statement. I don't consider myself cocky, but I'm not stupid, and I'm not blind; I know I showed something better than what they came up with. So did at least four other people on this board, as well as a few members of the Colts' board. Your design ignorance makes me laugh.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

designahorse04ti2.jpg

haha it looks like its running alongside a triangle from a gym in the 90's.

seriously though, every single logo picked for the vote was horrible, the only halfway decent one looked like the Broncos horse and I really really doubt that they're going to actually use the "winner". Specially if the efforts made here end up making the one above the winner.

did anybody find any fine print on the website? I'm sure that somewhere on there it says "the Indianapolis Colts reserve the right to select the winner, the vote is non-binding" or something like that.

14ilxq9.png

Archived