Colts looking for new horse

sj32

Alright. I figured it out just that quick. Thank God for Macromedia... :D

Anyway, here it is...

C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\srobinson6\My%20Documents\LoGo.html"

If it's not working. Then screw it, I'll just discribe it. It's a colt coming out of the right side of Indiana and it's running on a streak below it.

Since the Colts are with the whole old school look, I thought this would be perfect.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright. I figured it out just that quick. Thank God for Macromedia... :D

Anyway, here it is...

C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\srobinson6\My%20Documents\LoGo.html"

If it's not working. Then screw it, I'll just discribe it. It's a colt coming out of the right side of Indiana and it's running on a streak below it.

Since the Colts are with the whole old school look, I thought this would be perfect.

www.photobucket.com

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I just put mine on a CD and it's going out to Indy tomorrow. I hope I make the deadline.

Through all of the fuss about how insanely cheap the Colts are, it seems like a good opportunity for people who aren't designers. I'd be happy for thousands of NFL fans to wear my logo even if it were for free (unless it was a team that I despised).

Anyway, I'd like to thank my good friend Eddie Ray for helping me out with the vectorizing and whatnot. The past week without a computer has been hard, and I know several people who hate me for using their computers in excess.

Tell you what, you have your opinions and I have mine, which is you guys are blowing this WAY out of proportion. Is it 'gratuitous rhetoric' because it contradicts your position?

Does Lou Dobbs think the right to disagree is one of the great things about America? 'Cause I do. :D

Oh, and you never addressed the Flying Elvis question.

I don?t recall the particulars of that ?Flying Elvis? logo article with complete accuracy. But I don?t really see how that is relevant. The Pats logo isn?t my favorite ever, but it seems to buy your thesis requires the assumption that the end result is bad (re amateurish) which I don?t think it is. Plus, while it was sort of an open casting call for spec-work?at least they WERE paid; something that the Colts entrants will not be. That firm was preposterously UNDERpaid when all was said and done. But they are the ones who agreed to that price and that arrangement.

Furthermore, I think the end price (what was it? $10K?) only further makes our argument for us. That is an unacceptable amount for a property than earns tens of millions per year?.and every time one of us does that; makes that compromise? it makes the next potential client look that much harder to get over on the next potential designer. The Patriots then are just as culpable as the current Colts.

Several years ago, some buddies and I tried to start a web firm. We weren?t the greatest, but we were doing dynamic data and administrative back ends?.stuff that could make a real impact for small businesses. We found ourselves consistently underbidding projects to try and ?get noticed??.?get our foot in the door? All that ends up happening is you ?get noticed? as the dime store alternative. We?d screwed ourselves (unsustainable profits) and lowered perception of our competitors and the local industry in the process. It just seems like there are some jobs that people assume are not ?real? jobs or distinguishable from hobbies.

Ever since I was 12 years old, people have been asking me to draw portraits of their children??.from existing photos no less. Don?t even get me started on this topic?.I mean, you already HAVE the photograph! If you want them to sit for a live portrait that is one thing?.but I digress. When I was finished they always ask?..?What do you want for this?? To which I?d reply in thinly veiled contempt?.?whatever you think is reasonable?. $25 later I?m out back swearing to never EVER do that again. Now, yes. Part of that is my fault. Which I eventually realized. I started just throwing out $1000 to every inquiry. That scares people away pretty quick. But if the drawing took me 8 hours?..I?d be better off mowing lawns for that kinda scratch. Right?

I don?t begrudge anyone who wants to go ahead and enter this. But you have to decide if you are Walmart or Bloomingdales. Whichever you choose, get comfortable with it. Walmart customers only refer other Walmart customers. That comes from personal experience.

BRAVO BRAVO!! WELL SAID MY MAN!

Well, since the deadline has passed I feel that I can now show my work without it being stolen and submitted before me.

As you can see, it's a jumping colt, pretty simple.

Colts_alt.png

With a few refinements and details that looks like an excellent secondary logo. It shows quickness and speed, something that isn't shown in the current primary logo but is representative of a colt and the Colts football team.

Alright I'll bite.

Here's what I came up with. It needed work; I soured on the contest so quickly this amounts to a thumbnail and nothing more. I thought it was sort of promising but who really cares.

I was surprised how similar mine was to Go Nordiques concept. Not necessarily the idea, but how it was handled...the far limbs being in blue etc. I like that Nordiques went all blue from the foreleg down. I should have done that. In a similar vein I liked that mine had a blue muzzle/snout...rare is the pure white horse from head to toe.

v110.jpg

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Alright I'll bite.

Here's what I came up with. It needed work; I soured on the contest so quickly this amounts to a thumbnail and nothing more. I thought it was sort of promising but who really cares.

I was surprised how similar mine was to Go Nordiques concept. Not necessarily the idea, but how it was handled...the far limbs being in blue etc. I like that Nordiques went all blue from the foreleg down. I should have done that. In a similar vein I liked that mine had a blue muzzle/snout...rare is the pure white horse from head to toe.

v110.jpg

Man, if you hadn't soured on the contest and cleaned this up a bit, it would have been amazing. Probably would have won.

And, since the deadline has passed, here is my logo... I hope it will be a finalist.

Werther_ColtsLogo.jpg

i LOVE this..great work

The only real criticism I have is that you forgot the little "dip" in the upper-left hand corner of the state of Indiana where Lake Michigan borders the state.

It's the only bit of shoreline that my former home state has (!)...

index.html_txt_indiana.gif

The only real criticism I have is that you forgot the little "dip" in the upper-left hand corner of the state of Indiana where Lake Michigan borders the state.

Shoot! I don't know how I missed that! I wonder if I used a more simplified map for reference, or if I just didn't notice. That is going to drive me nuts now.

Shoot! I don't know how I missed that! I wonder if I used a more simplified map for reference, or if I just didn't notice. That is going to drive me nuts now.

And that little dip you missed will always make you think of what could have been if you come in second place. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

And that little dip you missed will always make you think of what could have been if you come in second place. :P

It's only missing one of the Great Lakes. I mean, you can barely see those on a map of any kind!

Love the logo kmw_29, and don't worry, I'm sure they'll give you the chance to edit it if it ends up being the winner.

I doubt that.

But I still wouldn't worry about it. They'll either like it conceptually or they won't. Don't beat yourself up. For a finished project? A client piece? Yeah, then be more careful.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived