sj32

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my entry:

328.gif

B)

You have my vote.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This is so bush league. I can't believe a successful, savvy, wealthy NFL team would not only resort to what is essentially glorified, sanitized spec work, but then "reward" the "winner" a fraction of the actual value of professional design work when they will make untold amounts of money slapping this logo on t-shirts, hats, and beer coozies.

This is disgusting and unprofessional. Shame on the Indianapolis Colts.

Dood! U do realeyes dat if u dezign dis lowgo dat u git a friggon billyin bux or sumthin, dont u? Think uf awl da otha jobz u cud git frum dis! Teems wud b awl ova u! U'd b famiss!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

We've got this new demonic, blue horse sculpture here at our airport here in Denver:

sculpture.jpg

It's really swell.

haha I live in CO too... isn't this thing a nightmare!!! I saw up close pictures of it and it looks like a mutated blue/purple horse!!!

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

This is certainly better than sending it to some corporate design firm that will produce another sterile, soulless design.

I'd tend to agree.

Do you know that the design firms only produce sterile, souless designs? Or is it that those are the ones that the sterile, soulless owners decide to go with?

People here could submit what most of us feel are top notch designs, and the owners could still pick one of the sterile soulless ones.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hey, I live in Indiana! I'm entering, but if any of you cats win, I'll take the tickets!

Even though I'm a Bengals fan.....

I live in Indiana, but I am a colts fan, so I'll go ahead and take the tickets when one of you guys win. ^_^

Nope. I called them. There's nothing you can do about it. :P

Sigs are for sissies.

Here's my entry:

328.gif

B)

I know there's going to be a thousand of them, but I'm doing a modernized version of this one, sans the helmet(since you can't use the horseshoe). Since you can submit two, I'll do a totally original one as well, but here's a preview:

coltsfo2.gif

It still needs some tweaking. I'm thinking of adding a little dust puff behind his leg, since mine is more kicking up dirt than bucking. As far as the Colts being cheap goes, I don't think that's the case at all. I think this is great for the fans of the team and/or the NFL. Instead of shilling out a million bucks to a big design firm, they are letting the fans directly submit what they want, and as a bonus, all it costs them is $1000 bucks. I'm looking at this as an opportunity. I'll take 1000 bucks and a logo design for a pro franchise, and a NFL franchise to boot! I'm sort of an honorary Colts fan too, because my whole family was Baltimore Colts fans back before I was born, and I hate the Pats sooooo much lol.

I wish more teams would do things like this. I love designing sports logos, and the number of times I would be able to design one for a pro team is probably ZERO, and I'm a graphic design student/soon to be full time artist. Contests like this give everyone a shot, not just the guys who have jobs at giant design firms.

Call me crazy, but is this not plagiarism? Sans the helmet and add some small detail, mixed with cleaning up a rastered logo, and here's your logo.

Again, I'm not sure if this is considered plagiarism, but it seems like it. You're gaining profit off of someone else's work, if they choose this. I would probably bet against sending this one.

Hmm...well their both colts logos. If its chosen, its more or less just an update. But you still have a point.

Call me crazy, but is this not plagiarism? Sans the helmet and add some small detail, mixed with cleaning up a rastered logo, and here's your logo.

Again, I'm not sure if this is considered plagiarism, but it seems like it. You're gaining profit off of someone else's work, if they choose this. I would probably bet against sending this one.

You could make an argument that it's plagiarism, but if it is, then whoever did the Dolphins, Seahawks and Falcons re-designs plagiarized whoever did the originals, assuming they're different from the original artist. I think it would only be plagiarism if the design was for the Cowboys or the Broncos. Plus, I didn't say it was anything it isn't, yeah it's an update. I didn't claim it was an original idea.

You could make an argument that it's plagiarism, but if it is, then whoever did the Dolphins, Seahawks and Falcons re-designs plagiarized whoever did the originals, assuming they're different from the original artist.

See, and there's the problem area. The team owns those logos, and thus updated them. They no longer are owned by the original creator. So, your logo could be considered since it was not proposed by the team, maybe? But since you created it with the intent of modernizing a logo they may own, Baltimore Colts verses Indianapolis Colts. I really don't know. It seems like it's on the edge.

I'm not trying to put you down or anything, or say you cheated and you should be burn at the stake for this. It's just hard to say what is and isn't. Look at the Ravens fiasco. But the Colts might want your logo, regardless. It's very well crafted.

Yeah I see what your saying, it is a bit of a grey area. I guess we'll find out huh? I know it's kind of iffy so that's why I'm gonna come up with one that is 100% original as well.

Archived