Bringing back the California Golden Seals

elliott

I was doodling in history class not too long ago and I came up with a shark curling around a 'G' for a logo, a team to be called the Great Whites. Somehow, I must have been really tired, but I attempted to doodle the same thing and it came out looking more like a seal, around a 'C'. So, I cleaned it up in Illustrator and I came up with something that I thought was halfway decent.

Thus, this concept. I love the former CA Golden Seals name, and I love their colors. I thought the addition of gray would make them look more like, well, seals. Oh, and the dark color that looks like black is actually dark gray, but it's just a highlight/outline color.

So I don't really have much else to say about it. I really don't have any idea what the response will be like because the logo is kind of cartoonish I guess, but I hope you like it.

Logo Sheet

Home and Away jerseys

Two Alternates

If you call them the golden seals, shouldn't the seal in the logo be golden? The logo sheet needs a lot of work. The seal is in need of some cleaning up and the CS thing really needs to be cleaned up as well. BUT you did a very neat and clean job with your presentation so that is a plus, and the jerseys look good.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

the whiskers on the primary make it look as if the seal has a 'C' painfully sewn to its chin. There should also be more of a nose. It looks a bit like a dolphin. The secondary has a lot of potential.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I like it. Agian, as others have said, it looks quite minor league-ish but then agian so is the name. I would love to see it used in the AHL or ECHL or something like that. Similar to how the Pheonix Roadrunners have a former teams name, the California Golden Seals would be perfect. Perhaps an affiliate team for San Jose or Aniehem. Great job!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

all the jagged lines make no sense to me...seals are such sleek, agile and graceful animals in the water...this seal doesn't exhibit any of those qualities - the flippers look like they've been chopped off by a boat prop, the body is too slender, the ear being a different color than the body is confusing, the whiskers are mis-placed and the "c" and hockey stick are forced - the pose of the seal is enough to approximate the "c"...no need to wedge one in, if you ask me

there are a lot of things you've done right here, but if you want to take this to the next level it needs serious refining - good start, though

jldesigns404eo.png

That looks a heck of a lot more like a seal than the first one.

But I think you need to drop the C. It's kind of redundant since the seal is shaped like a C.

You're making progress. It needs more tweaking, but you're getting somewhere.

That looks a heck of a lot more like a seal than the first one.

But I think you need to drop the C. It's kind of redundant since the seal is shaped like a C.

You're making progress. It needs more tweaking, but you're getting somewhere.

Yea. I agree here. Just wanna add taht if you make the "alifornia" of "California" gray the seal will fit right in. Don't have the gray seal with like yellow text. Just my opinion.

Archived