US Soccer

fishheatcats

I'm on a bit of a soccer binge right now, so here's another one, the US National Team. I've never really been thrilled with the current crest the teams use, so I've been playing around with ideas for a new one, and I think I have it where I like it. It's got a slight '94 World Cup logo look(the ball anyway), and I kept the stripes from the current crest but I made them red instead of blue. If your going to have stripes make them the same color as the stripes on the flag! The star and "1776" are pretty much self explanatory. I really put more thought into the logo, the jerseys are really pretty simple, didn't want to go too crazy on the national team. Also this was my first non-adidas set... I was a little lost without the 3 stripes lol. C&C!

ussoccerdp1.gif

I gotta be real here, I hate the font you used...and you may wanna at least present some backup shorts. The crest is pretty nice though, I have no complaints about that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

They're simple, and I really like the new crest, but I don't like the flag. I realize youre trying to go with history and the 13 stars, but I think the newer states might not like that too much...

Jerseys are meh, nothing great.

The "newer" states? I think the 13 star flag is an excellent idea. I don't get how the "newer" states wouldn't like it, there's nothing "new" per say about the other 37 states, and as an American I think everyone would be proud to wear a flag dedicated to the history of our country. The number 13 is EVERYWHERE in the US; on our dollar bills, on the nation's flag, and you don't see Hawaii running amok about getting the flag changed to have 50 stripes do you?

The crest is okay, better that what we have in my opinion, but I think you could take the 13-star idea and run with it. I'd try to incorporate it into the crest design.

well, thats your opinion. i think itd just be better with 50 stars instead of 13. it'd be great to incorporate 13 somewhere else, but not on the flag as stars

I agree. The 13 stars on the flag is kind of redundant since there are already 13 stripes.

I like what you have done with the crest, except for the typeface you used for 'USA'.

The jerseys look outdated to me, if that makes sense, and Optima or whatever you used for the numbers and lettering isn't doing it for me.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I love the crest. Absolutely love it. Count me in the 50-star flag camp, though. Not because it might "offend" the latest 37, but because the 50-star flag is our official banner. If the flag is there to represent the entire country, use the flag that does represent the entire country.

The jersey's don't wow me. They're not bad. I think they could be better. Unfortunately, I offer no suggestions on that front.

Solid set overall though.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I like the logo but I'd say the side panels are a bit out of date. If there was somthing other then blank space it would be an improvement. The 13 star flag doesn't work. I understand the "Don't tread on me" mantra, but that would be the liberty flag made by Ben Franklin not the flag you present here. Also, the US hasn't ever used a collar, so I wouldn't add one now. And the numbers don't work for me either.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

well, thats your opinion. i think itd just be better with 50 stars instead of 13. it'd be great to incorporate 13 somewhere else, but not on the flag as stars

I agree. The 13 stars on the flag is kind of redundant since there are already 13 stripes.

I like what you have done with the crest, except for the typeface you used for 'USA'.

The jerseys look outdated to me, if that makes sense, and Optima or whatever you used for the numbers and lettering isn't doing it for me.

Well I just think that the 13 stars on the crest would look very nice and traditional. A current 50-star-flag patch wouldn't be so bad I suppose.

The crest is nice, very well done. Not sure about the kits though, i think the red on the home is too much, maybe a little unneccesary. Also I reckon you need a different colour of shorts, for that mix and match thing thats going on recently (at least in the Premier League), since I'm pretty sure no part of the kit can clash any more.

I love the crest - great job there. Now, the 13 star flag? No, it wouldn't bother the other 37 states but...what about the British? It would be interesting to see Britain get another shot at defeating the 13 star flag...but on the soccer field.

-LT

• 3 weeks later...

Your badge is an improvement, but for some reason I just don't feel them using it. I would rather see the U.S. go in a more traditional direction when it comes to the badge. As for the kits, they're...alright. I like their current look a whole lot more though.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

They're simple, and I really like the new crest, but I don't like the flag. I realize youre trying to go with history and the 13 stars, but I think the newer states might not like that too much...

Jerseys are meh, nothing great.

I like the crest a lot. The national team is in need of an updated crest, but i do like the jerseys they've had the last few years(except the blue pinstriped). I'd like to see some type of 1950 throwback.

n1183590582_30138015_9617.jpgiowaaaa.png

Archived