Bills/Dolphins to face off in Toronto!

Neon_Matrix

So the opponent for the Buffalo Bills for next falls regular season game at the Rogers Centre in Toronto is... dum da da dum - the Miami Dolphins!! It will take place Sunday Dec. 7 at 1 pm and be broadcast on CBS (in case any of you Americans care to watch two struggling teams play against each other in the home of the Blue Jays).

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/2008/...ins_in_toronto/

Odds are I won't be going to the game because I am not going to sign up for advance tickets and buying from scalpers is going to be over $300 for even a crappy ticket, I may watch on tv or go tailgate for fun.

I can say I am almost positive Braden will be in attendance. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

First of all the Bills are not struggling, they should be contenders this year. And having the Dolphins in Toronto is ridiculous. They are one of our biggest rivals and they should have the game here in Buffalo, not Canada. They should have had San Francisco go to Toronto the week before. This is bull crap. At least the Dolphins suck and this should still be a win.

And have fun trying to tailgate up in Toronto, isn't it illegal up there? Like open beer bottles or open fires?

saBS.png

First of all the Bills are not struggling, they should be contenders this year. And having the Dolphins in Toronto is ridiculous. They are one of our biggest rivals and they should have the game here in Buffalo, not Canada. They should have had San Francisco go to Toronto the week before. This is bull crap. At least the Dolphins suck and this should still be a win.

And have fun trying to tailgate up in Toronto, isn't it illegal up there? Like open beer bottles or open fires?

And here we are trying to save your financially struggling franchise.

You're Welcome! ;)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ditto. I understand giving the Toronto fans a marquee game, but it's only marquee to the Buffalo fans. Given the waiting list for tickets, the Bills could have scheduled any crap game up in Toronto and it still would have sold out. Perhaps sending attractive matches up north is a sign of good faith, but in the meantime, the actual fans are getting a raw deal. First they lost a preseason game to the Steelers (and even though it's preseason, Steelers fans do travel well and I'm sure the stadium could have used the boost in tickets and concessions), and now their biggest division rival.

Poor Buffalo.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Man...do the NFL got something against the Dolphins? First they send them all the way to the U.K. to play a "home game", then they send them up to Toronto to be the Bills' whoopin' boys for a Sunday afternoon. Couldn't they have found a more "marquee" opponent for Toronto--er, Buffalo to play that week?

(As spoken to me by my uncle, who is as devout a Dolfan as there is in this world...and the primary reason why I am indifferent to the Dolphins.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

dude, your right....not to mention.....there's no room to tailgate in Toronto! What are we gonna do? sit in the parking garage and have a few brews?

I'm from Toronto, I love my Argos (not as much as the Bills, but I still love them) but I just don't think the atmosphere will be the same here as it is at Ralph Wilson.

With that being said, I am on the list to get Bills tickets up here. I want to at least try it out and give it a fighting chance here in Toronto.

My money is the game I choose to go to in Orchard Park this year will still be better than anything that the Toronto group can pull together.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

WTF? That's like the Yankees hosting all of their Red Sox games in Hartford.

It should have been a non-division game. This hurts the franchise more than it helps it.

kinda like the 49ers playing the Cardinals in Mexico is it not?

(and nobody get on the "yeah but nobody cares about those two sorry teams" thing. Last time I checked, the Bills and Dolphins haven't exactly been marquee franchises lately either)

My money is the game I choose to go to in Orchard Park this year will still be better than anything that the Toronto group can pull together.

Experienced > Virgin

Your point is very valid.

But have you gone down to a Bills game?

The thousands of people just chilling out in parking lots, with their filing cabinets turned into ovens, people tossing footballs around with people they've never seen before, wandering around a town that literally shuts down, seeing churches allow people to drink on their front lawn just to earn a few bucks (from parking), and the general friendly and welcoming atmosphere. I've never experienced something like that before, and short of building a stadium at Downsview park i can't see how something like that would happen in the GTA.

Keep in mind I do realize all that which I just mentioned doesn't make/break an NFL franchise. I'm just saying I think i'd rather jump down to the states to catch a game.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Listen... you can't compare a city that's small but revolves around their team with

I'm excited that my Dolphins are coming here... but if I want to go to a game, I'd rather go to Buffalo.

The Rogers Centre is hardly a sufficient facility for an NFL team... maybe for the game, but not for the rest of the experience of an NFL game.

That's not saying that Toronto wouldn't make a great NFL team, cause I think it does.

Toronto fans frustrate me cause they generally like to abandon teams (other than the Leafs) if they don't win... and that worries me. But they'll be in full force in Toronto for both the Steelers & Dolphins games.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Toronto fans frustrate me cause they generally like to abandon teams (other than the Leafs) if they don't win... and that worries me.

Raptors, Rock, TFC, Jays (up until 2002)...

Yeah, I don't see any abandonment there.

I'm with you....in fact short of our failed experiment in Arena football I'd say Toronto is one of very few cities that can and will support ANY kind of pro sport.

Archived