Indian Premier League

Primal

The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a new cricket league using the Twenty20 (20-over) format and featuring players from all the major cricket nations. Players who signed up for the IPL were then auctioned off to the teams a few months ago, so with the exception of a few local "icons" from the team's home city, each team is a combined bag of talent from around the world.

200px-Bangru.gifChennai_Super_Kings_IPL_Logo.jpg300px-Darpok_devils.gifHyderabad_-_Deccan_Chargers.jpg

Knight_Riders.JPG200px-Zintwa_ka_team.jpgMumbai_Indians_Logo_IPL.gifRaju.gif

I will try and get some pictures of the uniforms as they become available... right now the Knight Riders are batting on my TV and their black with metallic gold ensemble is very fetching...

Mumbai_Indians_Logo_IPL.gif

All the names possible in the world and they picked that?

... and no Chief Wahoo?!?!?!

My concept from last year is valid again:

Cleveland-Indians.gif

As for the IPL logos, I quite like the Deccan Chargers, even if it does look at least inspired by Lamborghini.

The worst, probably the Kolkota (Michael) Knight Riders.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Wow, so they have the Kings, then the Super Kings (amid all the other royalty-based names which is kinda weird since I thought they hated imperialism there)? I'm kinda surprised they don't have a team called the Ultra Kings lol.

Wow, so they have the Kings, then the Super Kings (amid all the other royalty-based names which is kinda weird since I thought they hated imperialism there)? I'm kinda surprised they don't have a team called the Ultra Kings lol.

Well they hate the British, but before the British the Indians did have an empire with Kings and Queens.

That helmet on the Knight Riders logo is new; I don't remember seeing that the last time I looked this up. I was about to say they were probably my favourite of the logos, but that helmet just drags it down. So, I'd probably go with the Royal Challengers now.

At first it does seem odd, but then...

Memphis Americans

Las Vegas Americans

Rochester Americans

Montral Canadiens

So, Mumbai Indians seems fine to me...

You're right.

So, what's with the Kings and Super Kings? This their version of the RoughRiders / Rough Riders?

You're right.

So, what's with the Kings and Super Kings? This their version of the RoughRiders / Rough Riders?

And do they have to watch out for the Royal Challengers?

Also note the Punjabi team is the Kings XI not the Kings. (Should it have been King's XI or Kings' XI to make it clearer?)

liverpool-1.png

Archived