Around the horn...

tajmccall

I searched the board up and down for this.  

Im a big Around the Horn and PTI fan, and i have noticed Stat Boy has taken Max Kellerman's hosting duties the past 2 or 3 weeks, but i generally miss the first 4 or 5 minutes so i never heard an explaination.

Did Kellerman get canned or is he just taking a Wilbon vacation?

I'd imagine Kellerman no longer hosts the show as this is what it says under the show description under the ESPN Original Entertainment stuff...

Around the Horn, currently moderated by ESPN's Tony Reali, is a fast paced, 30-minute program featuring the unbridled wit and wisdom of some of the country's leading sports columnists, from such newspapers as the Boston Globe, Chicago Sun-Times, Dallas Morning News, Denver Post and Los Angeles Times.

Don't know if they mean "currently" means only for a short period of time, in this case.  I liked Kellerman.

IUe6Hvh.png

Somewhere I read that Max asked for way too much money for his new contract and ESPN told him to take a walk. That same article mentioned a probable move to Fox Sports Net.

That is what happened.  I believe he asked for like 750,000 but I'm not sure.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Somewhere I read that Max asked for way too much money for his new contract and ESPN told him to take a walk. That same article mentioned a probable move to Fox Sports Net.

That is what happened. I believe he asked for like 750,000 but I'm not sure.

Yes, Max is gone.  Rumor has it that Around the Horn will be gone soon, too.

It's where I sit.

From USA Today:

Max Kellerman and ESPN have parted ways. ESPN vice president Mike Soltys said the cable network notified the agent of the former Around the Horn host and boxing analyst, whose contract expired, that it will not match an offer from another network. Kellerman, who sought an increase to about $850,000 annually, might wind up at Fox Sports Net in a multifaceted deal that could include the entertainment industry

I think he'd be a better fit with HBO, doing boxing and a Bill Maher-like show for sports.

Kellerman was good. Does he still appear on his Friday Night Fights gig?

Yea, Statboy sucks as the host... The show was made for Kellerman, without him, you might as well just get the show off of there...

At least there is still PTI

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yeah Statboy does not do Around the Horn very good he is too nice giving away points Kellerman would take points away just for teh hell of it and that was always fun, plus Kellerman seemed to have a grudge against the guy from Denver Woody Paige who seemed to be the first eliminated on a daily basis.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That would be good too especially on days there ar ebig games or playoffs bringing in someone from each of the cities say if this years World Series is Yankees vs Philadelphia.

Have NY and Philadelphia reporters.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

From the Article:

...his new job as host of a daily 30-minute talk and interview show that will be a cross between The O'Reilly Factor and The Daily Show

As Jon Stewart would say: "Whaaaaaa!?"

A cross between Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly would be a bipolar schizophenic who is charming, witty, and intelligent (Stewart) one second and a hyperagressive, self-important bully (O'Reilly) the next.

Sounds perfect for Kellerman :D

As long as they don't get rid of Woody Paige, I'm happy. He's the reason that I watch Around the Horn.

AS THE VOICE OF REASONING HERE, WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO STRAIGHTEN YOU GUYS OUT?  :D  Well now, Woddy has a chance at actually winning. I think he's won like less than 8 times in the year and half history of ATH. Of course if Max's boyfriend was on...you know where I'm going.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

From the Article:
...his new job as host of a daily 30-minute talk and interview show that will be a cross between The O'Reilly Factor and The Daily Show

A cross between Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly would be a bipolar schizophenic who is charming, witty, and intelligent (Stewart) one second and a hyperagressive, self-important bully (O'Reilly) the next.

What are you talking about Bill O'Reilly rules, he has the best Cable News Show.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

From the Article:

What are you talking about Bill O'Reilly rules, he has the best Cable News Show.

If Bill O'Reilly counts as "news", then we're all in trouble.

Archived