Tampa Bay Rays concept

elliott

Hi, I haven't done any baseball concepts in a long time. I have that one Swiss template, but I decided to try to make my own, so I now have this template, and I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.

So there was that one rush of Rays concepts a couple months ago, and I haven't seen too many lately, except maybe one by Drew22. I decided to do one - using the old logo package and an old script, but the new colors. It strikes me as an obvious thing to do, so maybe it has been done before, but I haven't seen it.

I personally love the color scheme, one of my favorite schemes in any sport. However, as has been said many times, the logos are terribly boring and uninspired. I'm partial to last season's logos, the one problem for me was that I could never see the dark blue. I thought is would work with these colors. Here is the new logo sheet, then:

RayslogoSheet.gif

A few other things:

-I didn't use a Tampa Bay wordmark because it's too long for a jersey, IMO.

-I picked a pretty modern font, but I thought it matched the 'Rays' wordmark.

-The main thing I focused on was the almost complete switch of light/dark blue in the home/roads. I thought it looked cool, and the yellow showed up better on the end of the sleeves, next to the blue.

That's about all I have to say. C+C is appreciated. If anyone wants the template then I could probably send it.

Here is a closer view of the hats:

RaysHats.gif

And the concept, finally:

RaysjerseyConcept.gif

Y'know, I kinda like it. It's somewhat a mesh of their previous look and the rainbow-early days. I would change a few things though. Lower the front number, it's too close to the wordmark. On the back, the nameplate is too low and too close to the number. Good spacing between the elements will help tremendously. Also, I think you should have the piping on the pants match the piping on the sleeves/collar. Mostly for the purpose of adding a little bit of yellow to the pants to give the uniform a little more consistency. I wouldn't mind see this on the field.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

In my opinion, I love everything about the concept drawings. They look much better and more colorful than the current ones. The numbers and fonts might be too close together. I like the numbers because it's different and unique. I am not so sure about the alt hat. It would make a good fashion hat for the female fans but as actual game hat, maybe not.

So, great job on drawing up a concept. Again, in my opinion, I would said it's the best Tampa Bay Rays concept I have ever seen on this board.

seahawks55.pngseattleseahawks.png

The font definitely needs to be changed. I'm not a fan of those colors either. Try keeping yellow away from the uniform and use it only as a trim color, like the current rays do with the yellow sun in their logo. That would help a whole lot.

I really like the navy jersey, but my problem with this concept is this:

those numbers are way too big in the back and the TB logo on the side of the jersey just doesn't work well in my opinion and is too big

The road jerseys look funny with light blue writing (hard to see)

The number font looks out of place in my opinion...

I DO HOWEVER...

love the logos recolored. I really think their logo has a kick to it in that color scheme. I like that. And the hats are good. I would just work a little more on the jerseys, and go from there.

But good start def.

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

Archived