2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

Raptors0809Alt.gif

Actually the numbers and wordmark will be red, outlined in white.

Actually no they won't.

a, because: Raptors gameplay

b, because the official guide sheet has the wordmark as silver outlined in red.

New pics of the Raps new jersey (I do not own these pics, I just saw them on RealGM again):

http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rapsgr8.jpg

http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=raps2ve0.jpg

(sorry for just the links, I tried to post the image, but it said the boards can't post .jpg)

Personally, I really like them.

The maple leaf on the back is okay, but it would have been nice if they kept the claw.

Looks more like white, rather than silver, outlined with red.

Also, is that maple leaf on the back-neck now an official logo of the Raptors or are they allowed to use part of their nation's flag without having to incorporate it into their set?

ujsignature.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks more like white, rather than silver, outlined with red.

It's silver... or Naismith Silver?

Why does a 40+ year old with a website displaying colors on his site need them?

*(rest snipped)*

You really missed his entire point eh?

Remember when you said only media members get the logos and that fans don't need vectors? Well... you're not a media member and you're just a fan, therefore according to your own "rules" you yourself shouldn't have access.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Remember when you said only media members get the logos and that fans don't need vectors? Well... you're not a media member and you're just a fan, therefore according to your own "rules" you yourself shouldn't have access.

I'm just saying that there are A LOT of people who are not media members, or licensees that do have access.

And to set the record straight, I worked at a local newspaper over the summer for a while. That does not make me a full time media member, but I have done some work for the media and was given access to the logos as a media member.

After about 10 minutes of reviewing & ranking, here's how this year's new jerseys sit amongst the 77 currently-known NBA jerseys:

1- Magic home

2- Magic away

8- T'Wolves home

11- T'Wolves away

18- Hornets home

21- Raptors alternate

28- Kings home (assuming it looks like this)

29- Kings away

31- Hornets away

As you can see, I love what the Magic have done.

ujsignature.png

After about 10 minutes of reviewing & ranking, here's how this year's new jerseys sit amongst the 77 currently-known NBA jerseys:

1- Magic home

2- Magic away

8- T'Wolves home

11- T'Wolves away

18- Hornets home

21- Raptors alternate

28- Kings home (assuming it looks like this)

29- Kings away

31- Hornets away

As you can see, I love what the Magic have done.

Hornets' homes are closer to the top and definately ahead of the new T-Wolves set.

So is there any way that I - not a member of the media or licensee - can get a hold of the logo & uniform sheets?

Perhaps, but the point is that if you're not a licensee or part of the media then you have no need for official vector sheets.

So why would a 16-year-old kid with a website that basically duplicates (i.e., copies/rips-off) other sports-related sites need them then?

Why do I still have countless emails from you begging me for vector files? Just because you "want" them?

Pot meet kettle.

:rolleyes:

I was going to post the same thing actually...

I'm just saying that there are A LOT of people who are not media members, or licensees that do have access.

And to set the record straight, I worked at a local newspaper over the summer for a while. That does not make me a full time media member, but I have done some work for the media and was given access to the logos as a media member.

Riding around on a bicycle delivering newspapers does not count as being part of the media...

Who cares who has access to the logos or not, as long as you aren't using those files to make counterfeit merchandise then it shouldn't matter.

You were a fan when you used to brag about having access to the NBA style guides a few years back. You still are just a fan, doesn't matter that you "worked" with the media for a short time, you no longer work for them therefore you no longer have any use or need for these logos. Your rules are stupid and elitist and you have no reason to try and act all high and mighty, especially for some guy whos name looks more like "hoop-skid" than "hoops-kid". :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Riding around on a bicycle delivering newspapers does not count as being part of the media...

Who cares who has access to the logos or not, as long as you aren't using those files to make counterfeit merchandise then it shouldn't matter.

You were a fan when you used to brag about having access to the NBA style guides a few years back. You still are just a fan, doesn't matter that you "worked" with the media for a short time, you no longer work for them therefore you no longer have any use or need for these logos. Your rules are stupid and elitist and you have no reason to try and act all high and mighty, especially for some guy whos name looks more like "hoop-skid" than "hoops-kid".

Honestly, who are you?

I'm not using these logos for counterfeit merchandise so really it doesn't matter then. End of discussion. Why do I have to explain my reasons when other people who have no more right to have these logos than me don't?

I was simply explaining to him to who the NBA gives the logos out too. Now why some other people have them is their own business.

You were a fan when you used to brag about having access to the NBA style guides a few years back. You still are just a fan, doesn't matter that you "worked" with the media for a short time, you no longer work for them therefore you no longer have any use or need for these logos. Your rules are stupid and elitist and you have no reason to try and act all high and mighty, especially for some guy whos name looks more like "hoop-skid" than "hoops-kid".

Honestly, who are you?

I'm not using these logos for counterfeit merchandise so really it doesn't matter then. End of discussion. Why do I have to explain my reasons when other people who have no more right to have these logos than me don't?

I was simply explaining to him to who the NBA gives the logos out too. Now why some other people have them is their own business.

If you don't know who I am, you obviously have not paid attention to this board.

I never said YOU were using them for unlawful purposes, I was stating that you shouldn't care if others have them as long as they are not using them for such purposes. You seemed to make a big deal about others having the same access (and in some cases, more access) to stuff you are no more entitled to than they are (in most cases). Who cares how they got them, they have them and that is that. We didn't really care how you got access long ago we just knew that you did and provided some useful stuff when you weren't begging others for info on their contacts (yes I have heard about your PM pestering).

You have vectors (long before your short stint with the paper) and others have vectors and none of you guys had legal access to them (that I know of) so you shouldn't care how others got stuff you already have.

Is it that hard to accept?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Not that I really think I need to explain myself, but I'm going to do it one more time since Hoopskid seems to have a serious comprehension issue.

You can call what I do an "obsession" with colors if you want, but I prefer to think that what I do is a preservation of a piece of sports history that has been overlooked and ignored. As far as I can tell, no one has ever tracked team color information to any large extent, and certainly not to the level of detail that I do. What I display on the SSUR is just a tiny fraction of the information that I compile - between the level of detail for each individual color value (over 23,000 individual Pantone, Robison-Anton, Madeira, Toyo, etc. color values), and the historical information for each professional franchise and collegiate program. I have tens of thousands of actual confirmed color information stored in my series of relational databases.

Sure - this is a "niche" hobby; I certainly wouldn't, and don't expect a majority of people to understand or appreciate what I'm doing. That's fine. I've seen the looks on some people's faces when I've attempted to explain it to them ("walk away slowly, don't make eye contact"), but I have also been reassurred by so many professionals in the business of sports and the graphic design industry that what I do IS important. It's a passion of mine, and I feel that it's a worthwhile one.

I'm actually working with some people at X-Rite (the parent company of Pantone, Inc.) who recognize what I do is important. We're trying to figure out a way to make my research more accessible to the right people, and I am actively working on a patent for some software that will utilize some of what I have already created.

Your turn.

Wasn't there an entire thread dedicated to Hoopskid and how far he'll go to get some of these logos that he "needs"?

EDIT:

There sure was...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...=55087&st=0

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wasn't there an entire thread dedicated to Hoopskid and how far he'll go to get some of these logos that he "needs"?

EDIT:

There sure was...

Yeah...and Hoopskid single-handedly drove one of the best contributors to this board - LogoHound - off of this board.

I know this for a fact, because LogoHound is a good friend of mine, and he has repeatedly stated this to me personally to be a fact. He got so fed up with the harassment that he left.

EDIT:

There sure was...

Yeah...and Hoopskid single-handedly drove one of the best contributors to this board - LogoHound - off of this board.

I know this for a fact, because LogoHound is a good friend of mine, and he has repeatedly stated this to me personally to be a fact. He got so fed up with the harassment that he left.

Seriously?? Man, I liked that guy. It took me a little bit to warm up to him (and trust him) but once he showed what he could do and provide I enjoyed his presence. He seemed like a good guy. Tell him to come back, even under a new name if he had to.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

EDIT:

There sure was...

Hahah! Man, I don't know how I missed out on that one.

I remember a much, much older thread in which he was posting in it and people were taking shots at him. If I can find it I'll post it but that's the one I'm thinking of.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived