2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well hopefully the hornets will still be able to play in their arena after hurricane gustav hits tomorrow.

Also the 76ers website only has their retro logo, except at the bottom for email alerts, and uses the red blue colors.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/index_main.html

I don't live in Philly, but did you ever wish they would just get rid of the black?

They would look good in the retro red, white, and blue with white jerseys with a red road and blue alt or vice versa IMO.

Anyone notice how off the pinstripes look to the right on CP3's home? Is that a tuck error? It doesn't seem like it because there is a very random purple stripe going right across his, uh, manly area that doesn't seem to fit.

You know your right. there seems to be more pinstripes on the shorts than on the jersey, and thats making them not lineup right. could be that hes not wearing the final version of the shorts or they are not authentic. Hmmm, you can learn a lot by staring at a millionaire's crotch.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

It also dawned on me the double meaning to N.O's moniker - Hornets or Horn-ets - - -

one's an insect - the other is a jazzman!

Works both ways!

So are the cheerleaders called the Hornettes?

Actually, they're the Honeybees, but Hornettes sounds better.

I just saw Dwight Howard on ESPN First Take. In some clips of him at a milk photo shoot the Magic jersey that he was wearing didn't have pinstripes but did have the new styled numbers and black and blue side panels.

I got video!dwight in new jersey

Yeah, no pinstripes. Hmm.

Also, those side panels really should be blue on the white uniforms. And I wonder how they'd look if the jersey was actually tucked in.

magicmockup.gif

Here is a mockup based on what I could see in the video. But, I think the video has been removed. I just saw it once and now it doesn't work.

I was wondering wtf everyone was talking about, in the video I just watched he was wearing adidas warm-up gear the whole time. Must have been removed. In the ad his jersey or shirt has the new number font on it, but no side-panels or collar or arm-hole trim. Looks like a generic version of their new unis, a warm-up, or just their new unis with details 'shopped out.

To me, the big question is when this was shot... it's possible these could be an early version fo the new jerseys and the pinstriped could be the final.

im hoping so.

those look weird w/o some pinstriping...and whats up with the black side panels on the home jersey...gross.

Archived