2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No where on the official guide does it show those beads or whatever they are.

That must be just a fashion jersey.

Could be. But the hornets site lists it as the only authentic jersey, so I guess you can't buy an authentic without the dazzle inserts. And even the swingman jerseys have them:

333-06.jpg

It could be just the representation of stitching.

That's what it looks like to me.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Dazzle inserts are the side panels, under the armpits down the sides of the torso--that's where it is the dazzle material.

Those 'beads', or 'circle things' are just stitching, nothing more.

All things considered, i'm loving their new duds. Great rebranding venture, minus the new hugo.

The Hornets new home jersey is really nice, but the road is too busy with the white on the side and the yellow numbers. It doesn't really match like the home jerseys do.

The court is a work of art though...

It's really not, though. It's a good court. It's a work of art in a league where paint has been replaced by minute variations in stain, but really, it's just a pretty good court.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have not researched this at all, so forgive my laziness, but I figured asking all of you was the best kind of research. What is the significance of the seat coloring in The Hive? It seems like there is no pattern, and its just randomly colored to the untrained eye. I'm thinking there might be some pattern, or it might spell out something, or make some sort of image, but maybe it's just random colored seats. Anybody know?

I have not researched this at all, so forgive my laziness, but I figured asking all of you was the best kind of research. What is the significance of the seat coloring in The Hive? It seems like there is no pattern, and its just randomly colored to the untrained eye. I'm thinking there might be some pattern, or it might spell out something, or make some sort of image, but maybe it's just random colored seats. Anybody know?

It's for TV. When an arena isn't full the the sporadically colored chairs give it the illusion of a packed house.

It's for TV. When an arena isn't full the the sporadically colored chairs give it the illusion of a packed house.

Oooooohhh, gotcha. Thanks.

The Tallahassee Civic Center at Florida State has the same type of thing, with brightly colored seats, to give you the illusion as well that there is a big crowd/sellout... it's clever, but weird looking when no one's at the arena whatsoever... meh

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

During the unveiling, they kept saying how the greatest thing and the main focal point of these new unis was that the road and home both said 'NEW ORLEANS' on them.

They've had that through their entire existence. The only time they had 'HORNETS' on a jersey was during the aftermath of Katrina seasons, 05/06 and 06/07.

They also say that they are the only other team that has the city name on both uniforms.

The Mavericks have 'Dallas' on both unis, and of course New York has New York on both.

... but Dallas does have "Mavs" on their alternate. Aside from NY, the Hornets are the only team that does not use their nickname on any jersey front.

NICKNAME HOME/CITY AWAY: Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indiana, Memphis, New Jersey, Orlando(?), Phoenix, Portland, & Utah

JUST NICKNAME ON ALL JERSEYS: Golden St., Houston, Lakers, Milwaukee, Sacramento(?), San Antonio, & Washington

CITY ONLY ON ALTERNATE JERSEY: Boston, Chicago, Clippers, Miami, Philadelphia, & Toronto(?)

ujsignature.png

You forgot Minnesota in the "Nickname home/city away" category.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Heard over the local news this weekend that in addition to the new unis, the Hornets will also wear ABA New Orleans Buccaneers throwback jerseys on a few occasions this season.

That should be sweet. Originally they were set to wear them in the 2005-06 season, but hurricane Katrina and the relocation put the kibosh on that....

It is what it is.

Archived