2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how come nobody has a problem with the fact that the trumpet logo (while looks good on its own) has NOTHING to do with the name hornets?

That's a damn good point.

However, it would be perfect for a team named the New Orleans Jazz...oh wait.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I really like the home jerseys, but I don't think the yellow looks good on the roads. If they would have kept the yellow to a minimum, then the jerseys would be perfect. The back of the neck doesn't bother me as much as some teams, but is it really necessary? But overall this is an upgrade, the only thing that I don't like is the 'primary' and that won't really matter with the fleur-de-bee taking a prominant role in the team's identity.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

how come nobody has a problem with the fact that the trumpet logo (while looks good on its own) has NOTHING to do with the name hornets?

I'm sure it is a case of bringing in the culture of the city into the brand itself. Since the Hornets name didn't originate here, we had to bring something in.

Besides I passed two trumpeters on the way to lunch today, so it fits. Music is very engrained into the nature of this city, more so than any other city I have lived in.

I never thought of that - a lot of us :censored: on the Sabres for using a logo that represents their city and not their nickname, but for some reason don't mind here. I honestly can't tell you why I don't mind - I just don't. You gotta love subjectivity.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

im liking the Hornets jerseys, tho I think a white wordmark would have worked better on the away...but altogether they accomplished the "flair" of New Orleans, so thats an upgrade for them...

As for this little guy:

NOLAbanner.jpg

i feel like it's a lil forced (esp the bball) and it could have been done better

also, imho I think my French Horn logo solution made more sense (other than not utilizing their cool new typeface):

french_hornets2.png

[/shameless plug]

Conrad's horn, AAO's NOLA jersey = sweet.

The TWolves black would look OK, if not for the f-d up neck (one of the same reasons I don't like their new set.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

C'mon man. Its right there in front of you. New Orleans HORNets

So why not a tertiary of a couple of hookers in silhouette? It's right there in front of us...New Orleans HOrnets.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So why not a tertiary of a couple of hookers in silhouette? It's right there in front of us...New Orleans HOrnets.

Because when you say the name, you say don't say HO rnets, you say Horn ets.

Actually, in the down Souf vernacular, it sounds like they say "ho' nits"... :P

Actually, in the down Souf vernacular, it sounds like they say "ho' nits"... :P

Hey--watch it, playboy... :P

(or, as I'd say it, playbwoahh...)

Also: Butt trumpets.

Huzzah for the butt trumpets!

Guess that gives new meaning to the phrase "blow it outcha ass"...huh?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

also, imho I think my French Horn logo solution made more sense (other than not utilizing their cool new typeface):

french_hornets2.png

[/shameless plug]

The French horn's cool, but the use of French horn in jazz is just too uncommon to fit well in this case.

However, I actually played for a couple of years in one of the rare jazz big bands that utilized french horns (The Neophonic Jazz Orchestra)...the issue is that the French horn players end up playing marching-style Mellophones most of the time since they have front-facing bells...the back-facing bells that French horns have don't project enough to work in a big band setting.

ahh okay Don, i see what ur saying...i have no musical inclination whatsoever, so i just went with the 'French Connection' so to speak, but thanks for the clarification.

also, Ian, im loving that purple Hornets alt...i would be scooping one of those off the shelf quick.

Archived