2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

Those actually aren't as awful as I thought they'd be. I'm really liking the shorts. The collar still sucks though.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the most part, I like them. They really could have ditched the number font, but at least the road has a different outline color.

The one gripe I have... the white on the shorts looks too much like smoke rising from a forest fire.

VmWIn6B.png

Damn, just when you think a uniform is going to be horrible....they change nothing and we still like it. I cannot explain what it is about that blue jersey, but I want one.

Not nearly as bad as I thought they'd be.

Good: The sides. It's unique. It also has more green then the old uniforms, which is good.

Good: "Minnesota" script on the road. The script is improved and I like the two different uniforms.

Good: Use of "Wolves" at home. "Timberwolves" was too long and made for a bad hoops jersey script, imho.

Bad: No green on the wordmark or numbers. If they had put green onto the wordmark and numbers, I'd feel like it is a bit more a part of the scheme and not just some tertiary color.

Bad: Use of black as main color for "Wolves" script. Even if they don't put green there, the script should be blue.

Bad: Keeping the same number font.

Bad: The black triangle under the collar.

Undecided: The tree trim getting "cut off"

Overall: Upgrade. More green, better wordmarks, more activity on the sides (which as a traditionalist I usually do not like, but like it here). While they missed an opportunity to improve the number font, it's the lack of green on the front and rear of the jersey that is the thing that keeps this from being a pretty nice uniform.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Also new to the design is an identity appearing on each side of the uniform under the arms and on the side of the shorts in which the primary focus is the traditional Timberwolves trees. Beyond the trees is the night sky that through an element of discovery forms a W on the side of the jersey and an M on the side of the shorts. The tree line remains a core element in the neck trim, but has been removed from shoulders, short waist and short hem. The back neck features the team's Wolf head logo, while the home shorts have the wordmark "Minnesota" on the back.

....They just kind of...grew on me a little more

The "M" could stand for Minnesota, but what does the "W" stand for? Weak- :censored: design?

I don't know what the rest of you see in these, but these are absolutely terrible. Maybe if you take just the jersey alone without the shorts... nope, still awful. Sorry, but I'd say that was a redesign fail.

heres a PS someone did for an alternate and im in love with it

l_8c370afe42f5eda528347e9e3e105875.jpg

Yeah, I can see that! Not bad at all

Try adding blue on the side of the jersey, in between the top tree and the lower white spot. Right now, there's too much green.

Yeah, I can see that! Not bad at all

Try adding blue on the side of the jersey, in between the top tree and the lower white spot. Right now, there's too much green.

I thought the same thing when I saw it. There'd be something unique about it.

I also like these on the whole. While I'd rather see new logos instead of tweaks when teams do these rollouts, this seems pretty clean. And the trees making an M and a W are a nice touch--creative but not too flashy.

C0nr4d, maybe make a mock up of the roads?

im thinkin this:

NHaway.gif

or maybe the purple and yellow will be reversed from what i did...

all in all, solid imo, but i suppose we'll see the truth on Wed.

btw, im liking my recognition i got for breaking the story on the official stuff, lol

I like the green concept, it fits better than the blue jersey IMO.

On a different note, I really think the NBA should start curtailing all this extra bagginess/looseness in the jerseys/shorts. I'm not advocating a return to short-shorts, but seriously, Mike Miller looks like he's wearing something 2 sizes too big. If the NBA went that far to impress a dress code on the bench, they should start doing something about the actual uniforms they wear on the court.

I think that's only Miller's photoshoot look. The league fines players who wear their shorts any longer than one inch above the knee in games. No worries.
That's good to hear. The "billowy-ness" and blousing is really a pet peeve of mine. I'm not calling for skin-tight stuff or anything, but I think the jerseys should be more form-fitting than that.

My guess would be that is stands for Wolves

I figured, but they are (and should always be) Timberwolves... I don't want to see it phased out like the Super in Supersonics (and now the Sonics altogether).

Having said that, I agree that the whole thing would look cluttered on the jerseys, as it has for the past 12 years.

OKC identity coming sometime before the end of the month

http://newsok.com/notebook-okc-waiting-on-...article/3284966

I also find it ironic that Desmon Mason is on the team again, except they're in Oklahoma City now, which means Desmond has worn every team uniform since 2000 even though he's played elsewhere, and he played on the Hornets when they were in Oklahoma City!

bSLCtu2.png

Archived