2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

I've tried to tell you people that the NBA requires that teams' primary logos contain the city name and nick name.

Since when?

The Pacers' primary doesn't have "Indiana" in it, although the secondary one does.

When has that become a requirement?

Also:

- Warriors' doesn't say "Golden State"

- Nets' doesn't say "New Jersey"

- 76ers' doesn't say "Philadelphia"

- Wizards' doesn't say "Washington"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With a few exceptions. All have their nickname though.

But when has it become a requirement?

I'm not on the "inside" like you. I just made an exterpolation based on the data. It appears the NBA has a mandate/preference to include at least the nick name and preferrably the city name a team's primary logo. I have no proof.

Thanks for being on the inside BTW. :P I'm just jealous.

Everyone loves a roundel.

here we go..live unvealing

Where? The only video I see on the Hornets website just has that Rebirth of a Brand video.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

With a few exceptions. All have their nickname though.

But when has it become a requirement?

I'm not on the "inside" like you. I just made an exterpolation based on the data. It appears the NBA has a mandate/preference to include at least the nick name and preferrably the city name a team's primary logo. I have no proof.

Ah, but that's not what you said. You said:

I've tried to tell you people that the NBA requires that teams' primary logos contain the city name and nick name.

which is demonstrably false. As McCall noted, the Warriors, Nets, 76ers and Wizards don't have their location names in their logo, and Chris mentioned the Pacers.

If you were trying to be tongue-in-cheek, I find that a smiley works wonders for demonstrating intent. :P

I'd be willing to think that the primary is going to be only used in an official capacity, and not more than required by the NBA. Similar to the Angels logo with the blue field outline and copperplate text that the club used in the 2002-2005 timeframe. It was there, but the A itself was the focal point.

VmWIn6B.png

Warriors, Wizards, and 76ers must be grandfathered in? The obvious solution is to put the FdB in place of the hornet, which is dated and bad.

These new uniforms aren't very good at all. The pinstripes look bad, as pinstripes always do in basketball, New Orleans doesn't need to be on both sets, and there's too much white on the roads.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

While I certainly love the jerseys, there's something that bothers me:

At first glance the jerseys reminded me of the Nuggets, especially the away. The colors also remind me of that too, the Purple looks Navy, the Blue looks like light blue, and the gold. This just seems like the NBA is trying to get another Navy and Blue team in the league and disguising it.

But I love that NOLA logo.

Archived