2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

NHhome.gif

Goofy side panels aside, that's a nice, clean look. What's George Shinn's aversion to putting his team's name on the home jerseys, though? Never happened in Charlotte, and only lasted for one or two seasons in New Orleans. If you really don't care that much for the "Hornets" name, then change it!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nba-2k9-20080815030819255.jpg

Looks like the Nets will now be screen printing their numbers and names on the back of cheap mesh jerseys. I saw that change coming a million miles away. UPGRADE!!!

For real though, that Hornets uniform looks really good IMO. As somebody alluded to, the road jersey may not look as nice. What can they do, blue jersey with yellow and purple pinstripes? Or purple and white? The side panels may look odd too. I hope not, but I fear this design might only work on a home jersey.

I think it would look even better if the wordmark and number had a yellow outline...

Agreed, it would add some brightness to the torso, but would also separate the numbers/wordmark from the pinstripes, which I think would make it a little more legible. I really, really love the use of yellow in this jersey, though. Keeping it as an accent on the outskirts of the uniform works perfectly, IMO.

C0nr4d, maybe make a mock up of the roads? I fear the roads will focus too much on yellow, though. Like, yellow numbers, see Warriors.

I think it should say "Hornets", rather than "New Orleans". Isn't New York the only team that does the city name on home/road?

I kinda think Hornets would be better on the homes as well.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I don't see this on Wikipedia.

Nice concept c0nr4d, i like this, that teams back to classic in designed new jersey (New Hornets jersey=Charlotte old jersey, Magic new jersey=Magic first jersey), i like that.

sry my bad English :(

4r2eer.png

So we have . . .

- T'Wolves unveiling Monday the 18th

- Hornets unveiling Wednesday the 20th

- Magic unveiling Tuesday the 23rd of September

Do we know when OKC will be unveiling their new identity (name, logos, uniforms), when the Raptors will be unveiling their new alternate, or when the Kings will be unveiling their new uniforms? Am I missing anyone?

ujsignature.png

Oh God....

jersey2.jpg

jersey1.jpg

...uhh...umm...well at least the Minnesota wordmark isn't as small as we'd thought....

weak.

Also new to the design is an identity appearing on each side of the uniform under the arms and on the side of the shorts in which the primary focus is the traditional Timberwolves trees. Beyond the trees is the night sky that through an element of discovery forms a W on the side of the jersey and an M on the side of the shorts. The tree line remains a core element in the neck trim, but has been removed from shoulders, short waist and short hem. The back neck features the team's Wolf head logo, while the home shorts have the wordmark "Minnesota" on the back.

....They just kind of...grew on me a little more

There's actually a lot more Green in there than I expected...I'm not sure though...I just might not hate these.

Although, I DO hate Mike Miller's shoes...(!)

You sound like Johnny from "Airplane!"....

"Look at those shoes, and that hair....there's a sale at Penney's!"

Cards.png

Archived