2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

OKC identity coming sometime before the end of the month

http://newsok.com/notebook-okc-waiting-on-...article/3284966

I also find it ironic that Desmon Mason is on the team again, except they're in Oklahoma City now, which means Desmond has worn every team uniform since 2000 even though he's played elsewhere, and he played on the Hornets when they were in Oklahoma City!

Sounds like a trivia question.

Turkoglu_15.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, the Hornets' new unis will be out at 2 PM today (central time) and you can even catch the unveiling live on streaming video on the team website. Per the Hornets press release:

"Today?s logo and uniform launch at Tipitina?s (French Quarter) at 2 p.m. central will be broadcast on Hornets.com in a live stream. Tune in to be the first to see the updated logos and new uniforms modeled by Hornets forwards Morris Peterson and Julian Wright. Each of the updated designs was inspired by the New Orleans culture, architecture and future and marks an exciting new chapter for the Hornets organization!"

It is what it is.

Go to the Hornets website. If you look in the lower-right hand corner, there is a NBA store ad with the new unis on them and new logo on ad next to that.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

p5111282dt.jpg

I'm really liking that "Mardi Gras Blue" or "Creole Blue" or whatever the heck they're calling that shade of blue.

Also, the Hornets website has flipped to a new look, with the fleur-de-bee front and center with the new word mark and a really snazzy "Passion Purpose Pride" symbol.

EDIT from the Hornets' website:

263eyxk.jpg

kU6ns.gif

I am really hating that new primary. The hornet looks cheesy, and that whole cartoony hornet dribbling a ball idea was stupid to begin with.

Wonder how hard it'd be for them to do something innovative....oh wait they did, with the fleur de bee

But I guess it's too good to be their primary.

That 'Nola' secondary is beautiful. Could've been executed better, nonetheless it's nice.

I am really hating that new primary. The hornet looks cheesy, and that whole cartoony hornet dribbling a ball idea was stupid to begin with.

Wonder how hard it'd be for them to do something innovative....oh wait they did, with the fleur de bee

Considering the FDB is getting most of the placement - it's front and center on the website, it's on the new uniforms - it is, for all intents and purposes, their primary, even if it's not listed as such.

Quit moping about it!

EDIT: From the Press Release itself:

The “Fleur-de-bee”, which was introduced as a patch on the team’s uniforms last season, will continue this season as the Hornets secondary logo but will be used as a major element of the Hornets brand identity. The “Fleur-de-bee” is based on the fleur-de-lis, or “flower of life”, which is an enduring image of the region’s cultural identity and is recognized worldwide as a symbol of New Orleans’ resiliency and rebirth.
kU6ns.gif

Considering the FDB is getting most of the placement - it's front and center on the website, it's on the new uniforms - it is, for all intents and purposes, their primary, even if it's not listed as such.

Quit moping about it!

Agreed. The FDB is really the primary. I wonder if it'll be at center court? NOLA is very cool.

NOLAbanner.jpg

I've tried to tell you people that the NBA requires that teams' primary logos contain the city name and nick name. The dribbling bee will be the official primary logo, but the fluer de bee will be used much more. The FDB wouldn't look right with the words on top and bottom.

Everyone loves a roundel.

From the press release:

?New Orleans? will still be featured on the front of the home and away jerseys, making the Hornets one of only two NBA teams to wear their city?s name on the front of both jerseys.

That bugs me because there are 3 teams that have their city name. New Orleans, Dallas and New York.

Overall I like it, I wanna see the full new uniforms but so far they look good.

I've tried to tell you people that the NBA requires that teams' primary logos contain the city name and nick name.

Since when?

The Pacers' primary doesn't have "Indiana" in it, although the secondary one does.

When has that become a requirement?

Archived