2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From 'Brand New':

29def3fc.png

Once again...there is no way that is the real logo. I will never accept that to be right. NONE of the lines are clean, and the outlines around the letters are horribly done. The only way to describe that illustration is shi**y. I'm still waiting for a clean copy.

I'm not sure if I want to start a new topic over this, but here's a Timberwolves uniform concept.

TwolvesUnis.gif

Have at it

Much much better. My main issue with the T-Wolves unis are the wordmark is too small (this is common with many NBA teams, not sure why) and the number font is HORRIBLE! You've improved on both issues.

Per today's Pistons Mailbag feature, the Pistons will be returning to their traditional court for the upcoming season:

Youssef (Dearborn Heights, Mich.): Will The Palace court return to its normal Pistons logo and the baselines returned to red next season?

Langlois: Last year?s court was altered to reflect the celebration of the 50th year since the Pistons were relocated to Detroit. I turned to our design guru, Jason George, to answer your question, Youssef. Here?s what he said: ?The court will return mostly to the old look ? red sidelines and baseline. Jack McCloskey?s name will be added to those that have been retired and are situated on the sideline and there will be a Palace 20th anniversary logo added to the court.?

As a Pistons fan, I was hoping they'd keep the blue sidelines when returning to the normal logo; I really came to like how the court looked that way.

Agreed. The Magic in blue is far more appealing than the Magic in black.

PennyMagic.png

Penny agrees. Sublimated star pattern for the win!

I thought those were the most creative jerseys in the NBA.

new Magic?

orlandonewgifia2.png

this was floating around RealGM...i tend to think it might be somewhat legit (from someone who saw it irl) for these reasons:

> shtty design as most of the new things this summer

> the curved pinstripes and maybe a hint of 'Spiderman'

> the number font matches the "20" and its a lil diff. than the old number font from the 90s Magic Js

lemme be the first to say this is terrible beyond compare (maybe the new twolves is better?) if infact this is fo real.

*begins petition for the firing of all nba-related graphic designers*

Not too bad. Definite upgrade from their jerseys from the last few years.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Does anyone know when the teams are going to unveil their new jerseys officially?

From TWolvesBlog:

On August 18th, the Minnesota Timberwolves will unveil their new uniforms for the 2008-09 season with a noon rally at the IDS Crystal Court in downtown Minneapolis. This will mark only the third change in uniforms in the team's 20-season history. Details of the new-look uniforms are still confidential but were designed by the award-winning design team at Adidas and will feature the refined logos and marks that were introduced on draft night this past June.

Don't know about any of the other teams.

Turkoglu_15.png

Does anyone know when the teams are going to unveil their new jerseys officially?

From TWolvesBlog:

On August 18th, the Minnesota Timberwolves will unveil their new uniforms for the 2008-09 season with a noon rally at the IDS Crystal Court in downtown Minneapolis. This will mark only the third change in uniforms in the team's 20-season history. Details of the new-look uniforms are still confidential but were designed by the award-winning design team at Adidas and will feature the refined logos and marks that were introduced on draft night this past June.

lmao

From TWolvesBlog:

Thanks, actually the only team I was concerned with was Minnesota, since I'm from there. Thanks again.

From TWolvesBlog:

lmao

You and a whole lot of others...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

From TWolvesBlog:

Note to everybody:

Go to your calendars, and under August 18th write: "keep expectations low."

It should be better for all of us.

From TWolvesBlog:

Note to everybody:

Go to your calendars, and under August 18th write: "keep expectations low."

It should be better for all of us.

They'd still somehow manage to disappoint. It's Adidas' policy; no matter what the expectations.

Archived