2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
0809_UNILAUNCHPIC.jpg

this is from bee mail. I think these are the official unis and the pictures weve seen closeups are replicas,- notice the diffreence in necks. So a real good official picture of the set is yet to be seen

Note the angle of the pinstriping on the Hornets' official graphic, whereas the actual uni is straight. Might this mean straight pinstriping for the Magic's new unis as well?

And Flame, you're not alone. I'm not enamored with this one yet, but perhaps it'll grow on me. There are some elements I like, but some are just very... ehhh.

Also: Butt trumpets.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No....the ones from beemail are just NBA media mockups.

In most part, they are accurate, but they leave stuff out and take artistic leisure to do certain things.

On the files for last years' all star jerseys, they have the back having that same exact thing. But it ended up not being that way. I highly doubt the back of the neck will look that way.

Another example, on the media site they have the Hawk's unis front collar looking fairly different than they really do.

Just like here, the front collar on the actual jerseys and the front collar in this image are different.

No....the ones from beemail are just NBA media mockups.

In most part, they are accurate, but they leave stuff out and take artistic leisure to do certain things.

On the files for last years' all star jerseys, they have the back having that same exact thing. But it ended up not being that way. I highly doubt the back of the neck will look that way.

Another example, on the media site they have the Hawk's unis front collar looking fairly different than they really do.

Just like here, the front collar on the actual jerseys and the front collar in this image are different.

Uh... No... check out the neck on these. they seem to follow the curved taper of the illustration.

medium_21Uniforms1.jpg

NOLAbanner.jpg

And Flame, you're not alone. I'm not enamored with this one yet, but perhaps it'll grow on me. There are some elements I like, but some are just very... ehhh.

I can't stand the fact that they went back to the multi-colored pinstripes. I wish they had just picked one color and went with it. There's just so much stuff that I don't like about these new ones. Maybe it's because I liked the old ones so much.

Eh. The T-Wolves new uniforms grew on me, maybe these will as well. I doubt it, though.

I can't stand the fact that they went back to the multi-colored pinstripes. I wish they had just picked one color and went with it. There's just so much stuff that I don't like about these new ones. Maybe it's because I liked the old ones so much.

Eh. The T-Wolves new uniforms grew on me, maybe these will as well. I doubt it, though.

I think the T-Wolves jerseys grow on you the same way mold grows on you. I still think those are absolutely horrible. Upgrade? Perhaps, but still awful.

As for the Hornets, I dislike the away uniform. The yellow wordmark and white side panels seem backwards. I don't mind the multi-colored pinstripes, but I couldn't even see the purple stripes at first.

Good to have a pinstripe jersey back in the NBA, though. (One is enough, but at least we have one.)

I also find it ironic that Desmon Mason is on the team again, except they're in Oklahoma City now, which means Desmond has worn every team uniform since 2000 even though he's played elsewhere, and he played on the Hornets when they were in Oklahoma City!

Desmond is also from Oklahoma... well, born and raised in Texas, but went to college at Oklahoma State. There's no doubt in my mind that they acquired him to try to win over the fans, seeing as they're going to be pretty awful this season.

Now Desmond Mason's team history is a palindrome: Sonics, Bucks, Hornets, Bucks, "Sonics" (OKC)

Archived