2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know why New Orleans is keeping this thing around?

The Fleur de Bee and NOLA logos are everywhere (uni, court, website), while the primary is nowhere to be found.

I don't know, but I actually think I like it.

Here's a cleaned up version (and with my annoying color-correction):

NewOrleansHornets_PRM_2009-9999_SOL.gif

The new official "partial" logo is this one, minus the wordmarks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also a fan of the Hornets primary going back to their Charlotte days. I just don't see the point in keeping the logo around when it seems to show up nowhere and all you see is the "New Orleans-friendly" Fleur de Bee logo. Hell, the FDB logo even shows up on the Southwest Champions banner, if that speaks for anything.

Yeah, the current primary is a nice logo, but not for the new direction the Hornets are taking. Yesterday would have been a nice time to retire it, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before N.O. eventually pulls the plug on the little guy.

6uXNWAo.png

Why would they go through the hassle (and expense) of updating/streamlining their primary logo if they aren't planning on keeping it around for a while, albeit out of the spotlight? It seems to me there is an 'official' feeling associated with primary logos nowadays whereas the alternates have the popular/efficient/marketability feel.

ujsignature.png

Thank god its not a two-tone wood court. enough is enough with those. This is the first new court in like 3 years to paint the paint.

I love hugo, I think using the FDB too much is a mistake. its a very sweet alt but its not strong enough imo to be the primary. I don't think they should abandon hugo altogether.

This seems like as good a time as any to ask something Ive been wondering forever. why didn't the charlotte hornets shorts have pinstripes???

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

This seems like as good a time as any to ask something Ive been wondering forever. why didn't the charlotte hornets shorts have pinstripes???

I think that was an Alexander Julian-design-thing. Along with the pleats in the shorts. He was being clever. And different.

One thing that was told to me just recently, was that when the Hornets went to the two-accent-striping design in 1997-1998, the reason for having TWO stripes was to represent the Hornets' second decade in Charlotte.

I kid you not.

I think that was an Alexander Julian-design-thing. Along with the pleats in the shorts. He was being clever. And different.

One thing that was told to me just recently, was that when the Hornets went to the two-accent-striping design in 1997-1998, the reason for having TWO stripes was to represent the Hornets' second decade in Charlotte.

I kid you not.

Well then, we'd be just about due for another uni change if they were still in Charlotte, wouldn't we? :)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

With the Magic set to release today, here's a look at the new wordmark and numbers. Not too shabby...

http://nba.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p5153374dt.jpg

those numbers look alot better than what the initial 'leaks' were with the 90's era jersey numbers.

also, that tshirt for sale might be the worst piece of clothing ive ever set eyes upon.

If you look at the Authentic new Hornets jerseys for sale on their website, you can see that the text and numbers have little circles around them:

333-05.jpg33-29.jpg.

The product description mentions"dazzle inserts" which I assume refers to those circles. Are these like little plastic beads? Are they on the real jerseys? Reminds me of the Las Vegas all star game logo.

If you look at the Authentic new Hornets jerseys for sale on their website, you can see that the text and numbers have little circles around them:

333-05.jpg33-29.jpg.

The product description mentions"dazzle inserts" which I assume refers to those circles. Are these like little plastic beads? Are they on the real jerseys? Reminds me of the Las Vegas all star game logo.

very fubu, don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing

Archived