2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ford Center probably changed their generic court to one based off the one the Hornets used. Also, corporate logos can't be on NBA courts, so there ya go. I have no idea why STAPLES Center has the STAPLES logo though.

Because it just says Staples Center - it doesn't actually use their logo.

The staple-like L was on the floor last season, I swear.

That'll hold up in court. I'm afraid I'm going to need some graphical evidence for this one sir.

The defense rests.

img_0011.jpg

If you want to take the legal analogy further, since I wasn't the one who swore, I guess this would be my amicus curiae brief in support of Old School Fool. Also, other than the URL, can't prove it was last season and not some time previous.

I would think that, perhaps since this is the official wordmark of the arena, it doesn't technically violate the rule because the arena is allowed to have its' own logo on the court.

Well I'll be. I don't think it's the official Staples logo (I'm pretty sure their official logo is the red rectangle with white lettering) but that certainly is their trademark clip-L.

At this time, the prosecution would like to drop the charges against OSF.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ford Center probably changed their generic court to one based off the one the Hornets used. Also, corporate logos can't be on NBA courts, so there ya go. I have no idea why STAPLES Center has the STAPLES logo though.

That'll hold up in court. I'm afraid I'm going to need some graphical evidence for this one sir.

The defense rests.

img_0011.jpg

If you want to take the legal analogy further, since I wasn't the one who swore, I guess this would be my amicus curiae brief in support of Old School Fool. Also, other than the URL, can't prove it was last season and not some time previous.

I would think that, perhaps since this is the official wordmark of the arena, it doesn't technically violate the rule because the arena is allowed to have its' own logo on the court.

Well I'll be. I don't think it's the official Staples logo (I'm pretty sure their official logo is the red rectangle with white lettering) but that certainly is their trademark clip-L.

I started a thread on this when I first noticed the Staples court a while back

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...c=54470&hl=

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Saw this on the RealGM Raptors' forum. Here's some video gameplay of NBA Live 09 with the new black alt. of the Raps. Looks pretty snazzy IMO.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Rav_9UhOQ

Enjoy!

I like them , they look alot better in action, or at least on the game. I would prefer those instead of their aways they have now imo. I think the Raps need to get away from the red , or maybe just go in a new direction with a whole new look.

As well I notice a logo on the back above the names ( saw it near the end of the video ). Maybe its that new alternate logo, because it sorta looked like a circle shape. Hard to tell with the quality of the video...

4kv29i.jpg

The defense rests.

img_0011.jpg

I started a thread on this when I first noticed the Staples court a while back

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...c=54470&hl=

Doesn't The Golden St Warriors us a corporate logo on their court also. (Oracle Arena)

Nothing new... just more photos of the Hornets' stuff...

6be701f9667abc86ecc90fc4feb9bebd-getty-77733225lm014_cp3.jpg

b595f09d17e2d6e7d472c1d31c58bc79-getty-77733225lm035_cp3.jpg

I'm strongly considering buying a CP3 white.

The home jersey is niiiice, the roads....that's a different story.

That NOLA logo is not a bad addition to the Hornets set.

It also dawned on me the double meaning to N.O's moniker - Hornets or Horn-ets - - -

one's an insect - the other is a jazzman!

Works both ways!

home's are sharp, but man, are those roads awful or what

There's nothing wrong with the roads, just seems like people have an expectation for the Hornets road uniforms to be in different colors than they are now. More akin to what they used to be.

Archived