2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

The Magic have 2 versions in the leaked pics. The first one has stripes, the other one doesn't.

I think they should go with the first one. If they don't, the Hornets will be left out as the sole team in the NBA with pinstripes.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks better than without stripes. I hope, the Courtney Lee jersey is Real (maybe this is alternate?).

I doubt the Dwight Howard was an alternate to the Courtney Lee leak. I don't recall any teams having an alternate that's the same color as an away, only subtracting pinstripes.

ujsignature.png

I doubt the Courtney Lee leak was an alternate. I don't recall any teams having an alternate that's the same color as an away, only adding pinstripes.

Celtics have a green alternate and green road jersey :P

Plus, teams can't add an alternate until 2(?) years after they release the home and away.

Oh, and concerning the pinstripes. It's obvious those jerseys were made with the intention of pinstripes. Look at how the side panels curve to match the pinstripes, i'm very surprised they ditched em.

Looks better than without stripes. I hope, the Courtney Lee jersey is Real (maybe this is alternate?).

I doubt the Dwight Howard was an alternate to the Courtney Lee leak. I don't recall any teams having an alternate that's the same color as an away, only subtracting pinstripes.

The New York Mets and Houston Astros come to mind.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The New York Mets and Houston Astros come to mind.

Great catch. Sorry, but I meant just NBA and should've clarified.

ujsignature.png

From an article in Florida Today:

The Orlando Magic will unveil the revamped look and design of their new uniforms in a public ceremony on Sept. 23, team officials confirmed Monday.

The new uniforms will correspond with the franchise's celebration of its 20-year anniversary this season. And if early clues are any indication, the new uniforms will somewhat resemble the look from the past.

A Getty Images picture that mistakenly leaked out of the NBA's rookie symposium last month showed a blue Magic uniform that featured wide-paneled pinstripes on the jerseys. Also, the necklines of the new uniforms appear to have been significantly altered. The Magic wore thin pinstripes on their jerseys until 1999.

Magic Chief Operating Officer Alex Martins told FLORIDA

TODAY earlier this month the uniform designs were complete and the new look would be ready by the upcoming season. Martins also hinted a black "alternate" uniform could be used for certain games.

This will be the fifth uniform change in the Magic's history. The team has worn black and blue road jerseys. They wore the Champion "Dazzle" model in the late 1990s and have worn the

current look since the 2003-04 season.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

The Orlando Magic will unveil the revamped look and design of their new uniforms in a public ceremony on Sept. 23, team officials confirmed Monday.

The new uniforms will correspond with the franchise's celebration of its 20-year anniversary this season. And if early clues are any indication, the new uniforms will somewhat resemble the look from the past.

A Getty Images picture that mistakenly leaked out of the NBA's rookie symposium last month showed a blue Magic uniform that featured wide-paneled pinstripes on the jerseys. Also, the necklines of the new uniforms appear to have been significantly altered. The Magic wore thin pinstripes on their jerseys until 1999.

TODAY earlier this month the uniform designs were complete and the new look would be ready by the upcoming season. Martins also hinted a black "alternate" uniform could be used for certain games.

This will be the fifth uniform change in the Magic's history. The team has worn black and blue road jerseys. They wore the Champion "Dazzle" model in the late 1990s and have worn the

That goes against about every 'rule' we have ever discussed here. Stern is stopping black alternates for a while, and that a team must wait 2 years after changing their uniforms to introduce an alternate. I call BS on somebody.

That goes against about every 'rule' we have ever discussed here. Stern is stopping black alternates for a while, and that a team must wait 2 years after changing their uniforms to introduce an alternate. I call BS on somebody.

My guess is that this black "alternate" would be a throwback considering it's their 20th Anniversary. That would seem most logical and more in line with the rules.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

They've worn the black throwbacks before, why shouldn't they again?

On a side note, when the Magic first came into the league, I hated those black unis. They epitomised everything bad about turn of the 90's design. Now, I think they're fantastic... :huh:

My guess is that this black "alternate" would be a throwback considering it's their 20th Anniversary. That would seem most logical and more in line with the rules.

They wore those black throwback for 2 of the last 4 seasons, I highly doubt they would wear it for a third. Maybe and hopefully David Stern is putting those rules to rest, if they even existed.

I think the rule was that teams couldn't have black alternates if they didn't have black in their colour scheme (like the Jazz's old third). If the no black thirds rule was in effect, Toronto wouldn't be able to use theirs.

They wore those black throwback for 2 of the last 4 seasons, I highly doubt they would wear it for a third. Maybe and hopefully David Stern is putting those rules to rest, if they even existed.

No, that rule does exist and is still in effect.

From the Wolves official site

Q: Dear Timberwolves, do we still have a black alternate jersey?

-- Matthew, Maple Grove, Minn.

A: NBA policy doesn't allow teams to have alternate jerseys for the season in which that team is awarded new uniforms. But you can expect an alternate next season. It's sort of like when a mom buys her son a new Starter jacket (Buffalo Bills, say) he'd been wanting forever, and immediately after getting it the kid also wants a New York Yankees jacket. Um, maybe next year, 10-year-old Mike Trudell.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Archived