2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

We saw the jerseys from the "got milk?" ad already, and I had already said that they look too generic, either practice jerseys or replicas.

However, here is the pic from the Magic site. Can't tell if the stripes are there or not from this limited sample.

MagicPreview916.png

yeah that previe doesnt look promising for the pinstripe lovers (including myself) :|

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the possibility of pinstripes is looking down lately, but ask yourself this: When was the last time a video game the wrong jerseys listed for a team that is changing looks? I honestly don't know if it has happened before, but I'm assuming it is very rare. Devil's advocate says there is a first time for everything.

We were all pretty quick to say "I hope Clay Bennett is pulling a switcheroo," but he wasn't capable of it. What if the Magic are?

I like the look regardless if there are no pinstripes.

It's a nice, clean look.

Kind-of a "Streamlined" update of what they had.

Hey, anything's better than what they had, and in this case I think either way it's wayyy better.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see pinstripes more than anything, but I'll live without 'em.

Maybe they nixed 'em once they saw NO's jerseys. Maybe they didn't want to get accused of takng their idea. hah.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

It's a nice, clean look.

Hey, anything's better than what they had, and in this case I think either way it's wayyy better.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see pinstripes more than anything, but I'll live without 'em.

Maybe they nixed 'em once they saw NO's jerseys. Maybe they didn't want to get accused of takng their idea. hah.

Who would care, they'd look better anyways. :P

It's a nice, clean look.

Who would care, they'd look better anyways. :P

Well, that's certainly debatable. The point is, Orlando would look amazing with the pinstripes. Without them, they drop down to average in my book.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

It appears as though Philadelphia, Cleveland, and Washington will both be wearing throwback uniforms at some point during the season. The Sixers will wear the white uniforms that they wore from 1977-1997 and the Wizards will wear a white uniform worn by the Washington Zephyrs from 1962-1963. Cleveland will wear the gold uniform that they wore from 1970-1983. I'm not sure if there will be other teams wearing Hardwood Classics, but if I find out, I'll be sure to post it.

In noche latina news, the Lakers, Heat, Spurs, and Suns will all be participating this year. The Heat will be wearing their black road uniforms with "EL HEAT" across the front in their normal script. The Lakers will be wearing their white alternates with "LOS LAKERS" on the front ("LOS" above "LAKERS") in their standard script. San Antonio and Phoenix will be wearing the same uniforms that they wore for last year's noche latina.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

From 1970-1983, the Cavs wore 3 different gold jerseys.

(1970-74)

1.gif

(1974-81)

3.gif

(1981-83)

5.gif

I have a feeling they'll wear the 1974-1981 jersey* again, though I'd like to see either of the other two.

The 1981-83 one could look really cool.

*050119_lebronJames_vmed_10p.widec.jpg

It appears as though Philadelphia, Cleveland, and Washington will both be wearing throwback uniforms at some point during the season. The Sixers will wear the white uniforms that they wore from 1977-1997 and the Wizards will wear a white uniform worn by the Washington Zephyrs from 1962-1963. Cleveland will wear the gold uniform that they wore from 1970-1983. I'm not sure if there will be other teams wearing Hardwood Classics, but if I find out, I'll be sure to post it.

In noche latina news, the Lakers, Heat, Spurs, and Suns will all be participating this year. The Heat will be wearing their black road uniforms with "EL HEAT" across the front in their normal script. The Lakers will be wearing their white alternates with "LOS LAKERS" on the front ("LOS" above "LAKERS") in their standard script. San Antonio and Phoenix will be wearing the same uniforms that they wore for last year's noche latina.

The Sixers wore at least three totally different sets during that period of time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From 1970-1983, the Cavs wore 3 different gold jerseys.

(1970-74)

1.gif

(1974-81)

3.gif

(1981-83)

5.gif

I have a feeling they'll wear the 1974-1981 jersey* again, though I'd like to see either of the other two.

The 1981-83 one could look really cool.

*050119_lebronJames_vmed_10p.widec.jpg

No those 81-83 where bad back then, and they still are now. To quote Sports Illustrated on those: "There is not even a crayon that color"..I rest my case. Thank You and have a good night:)

its these:

1.gif

fo sho.

and this is a small prev of the zeph's:

zeph.gif

Yep, those are the ones.

I'm so glad the Cavs went with those.

Great choice. I agree that the way that NBA teams makes jerseys these days, the 1981-1983 jerseys would look no better than they did before (and prolly worse).

Let's see how close it comes to actually looking like this:

1970-1974-home-front.gif1970-1974-home-back.gif

...and, the Thunder will unveil their uniforms next Monday.

I'm sure they'll be awesomely awesome.

^_^

Maybe they'll have sleeves! I mean, hey, it'd at least work with their design theme of "Murphy's Law."

It appears as though Philadelphia, Cleveland, and Washington will both be wearing throwback uniforms at some point during the season. .....I'm not sure if there will be other teams wearing Hardwood Classics, but if I find out, I'll be sure to post it.

When the new Hornets jerseys were unveiled, they stated that they would wear ABA New Orleans Buccaneers jerseys at one point during this season.... Originally, they were slated to wear them during the 2005-06 season, but scapped those plans due to the Katrina-induced temporary relocation.

Interesting to note about those Zephyrs jerseys-- this will be at least the third time I can recall when a team honored its franchise past from a different city: Lakers wearing Minneapolis Lakers unis, the Sacramento Kings wearing Cincinnati Royals unis and now the Wizards wearing the Zephyrs unis from the franchise early days in Chicago....

have the 76ers ever worn Syracuse Nationals jerseys?

It is what it is.

Archived