2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

he didn't let us trade him when he could have helped us with our rebuilding and now he would be leaving us while we get nothing in return.

It's not his responsibility to make up for the shortcomings of management.

couldnt agree more with that statement, however, if his intentions are with staying with the Leafs for loyalty, take less money and resign as a free agent, if youre just going to bounce on 7/1 and you know it, at least show a bit of class and allow the team to get something of value for him. this is the reason i hate NTC's.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing I don't get is people screaming at Sundin that he's a traitor for going to another team etc etc. But he honestly wants to be a Leaf. It's not HIS fault that the highers up don't want to sign him because they want to rebuild.

It's surprising to me that some of the Leafs fans (and no one in this thread by the way but others I've come across elsewhere) don't even realize that the team really has the final vote here. If they don't want Sundin back then he really doesn't have a choice. Retire (which I don't think he wants to do) or play elsewhere.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

he didn't let us trade him when he could have helped us with our rebuilding and now he would be leaving us while we get nothing in return.

Yes but if he wants to move on nobody has a an issue with that, he could just do his part to help make the team and his shot at a cup better.

The thing I don't get is people screaming at Sundin that he's a traitor for going to another team etc etc. But he honestly wants to be a Leaf. It's not HIS fault that the highers up don't want to sign him because they want to rebuild.

It's surprising to me that some of the Leafs fans (and no one in this thread by the way but others I've come across elsewhere) don't even realize that the team really has the final vote here. If they don't want Sundin back then he really doesn't have a choice. Retire (which I don't think he wants to do) or play elsewhere.

Except for the fact he's been offered a one year $7 million dollar contract. But no they don't want him back.

untitled-6.jpg

Yes but if he wants to move on nobody has a an issue with that, he could just do his part to help make the team and his shot at a cup better.

Why? It's a free market system. He doesn't have a "part" in making the organization better. His job is to play the game on the ice and, as captain, lead his team in the locker room. He is not the Director of Hockey Ops.

Why? It's a free market system. He doesn't have a "part" in making the organization better. His job is to play the game on the ice and, as captain, lead his team in the locker room. He is not the Director of Hockey Ops.

That's right, it's also a free speech system, and if he chooses to follow through and leave the team then we're free to hate him... and hate him we will.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That's right, it's also a free speech system, and if he chooses to follow through and leave the team then we're free to hate him... and hate him we will.

What I find amusing is that Gainey is BEGGING Sundin to join his team. He is probably a few beers away from offering to go on his knees for the Swede, if you get my drift. If Sundin wanted to sign with another team, he either would have taken an offer by now or come out and gave his intentions to not resign here. Since he has done nothing to indicate what direction he wants to go in, I have a feeling as much as he'd like to play for another team, his heart won't let him and doesn't see him pulling on another sweater. I have a feeling he may just retire or actually come back, there is an offer on the table and Fletcher shopping around his services were not as his request but at Fletch's desire.

I won't hate Sundin if he does ditch us, I'll just not be happy when we play the team he spurns us for.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm glad they got rid of Raycroft, finally I can say lol. But I'm upset about getting rid of Wellwood.

I know he was struggled last year, but I thought he would of turned it around this year.

Oh well , im guessing there's a reason why he was waved but hopefully he gets another turn, with another team.

What I find amusing is that Gainey is BEGGING Sundin to join his team. He is probably a few beers away from offering to go on his knees for the Swede, if you get my drift. If Sundin wanted to sign with another team, he either would have taken an offer by now or come out and gave his intentions to not resign here. Since he has done nothing to indicate what direction he wants to go in, I have a feeling as much as he'd like to play for another team, his heart won't let him and doesn't see him pulling on another sweater. I have a feeling he may just retire or actually come back, there is an offer on the table and Fletcher shopping around his services were not as his request but at Fletch's desire.

I won't hate Sundin if he does ditch us, I'll just not be happy when we play the team he spurns us for.

I cant see Sundin coming back. He has been so loyalty to the team and then they wanted to trade him , and get rid of him, or it seems like. Why would he want to come back after what they have done to him in the past could of months ? Plus someone who wants $7 Million for 1 year, I'd say let him go. The Leafs have to look at the future and I don't see Sundin apart of it...

4kv29i.jpg

I didn't say you couldn't?

The Blackhawks are looking like they will be competing for a cup rather soon, glad to see such an important team starting up again.

Great things happen when your tight-ass owner kicks the bucket.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Blackhawks are looking like they will be competing for a cup rather soon, glad to see such an important team starting up again.

*Does not apply to the Leafs.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

*Does not apply to the Leafs.

At least not now, but remember what happened a few years after Harold Ballard died?

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived