U.S. Open 2008

Mac the Knife

Indeed. I watched the whole final round and the playoff with my pops, and I must say, Rocco was playing out of his mind. He would've beaten anybody in the world, except for Tiger. Tiger made some shots today that were unbelievable. Hell, Rocco made some ridiculous shots as well. Awesome performance by the two of em, and it was amazing to watch on TV.

Just watched this from the 15th hole on. That was some entertaining golf. I've never been so glued to watching a golf tournament as I was this weekend.

I can't wait for the British.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

"I don't think anyone really watches golf anymore."

Get over it already.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Forget all the other 13 majors Tiger Woods won the ones he won by 10 strokes the one in which he was the only man under par with a sore knee winning this in the way he did is the most impressive victory of his career.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Forget all the other 13 majors Tiger Woods won the ones he won by 10 strokes the one in which he was the only man under par with a sore knee winning this in the way he did is the most impressive victory of his career.

You somehow lost me there.

This was great TV today! (Thank God for the the 4 10 hour days, and Mondays off). The problem with most golf on TV is how they cover it. It is player C drives, cut to player B's short game, then player A puts. It is hard to get into the flow of each player. When the focus is only on 2 or 4 players it is much better. I think the BBC really covers golf better than anyone, that is why the Open seems so exciting because the BBC is in charge of the feeds all the networks get.

But today it was a prize fight. One of the best sporting events on TV in 10 years. It is a shame it was on during the day. If the USGA would have been thinking they should have had them tee off at 1 or 2 PM Pacific, so it would have been a prime time event here in the east.

But then again it could have been over at the turn and oh well.

Great going Tiger & Rocco...like the read this. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The new U.S. Open theme song, Sing it with me people!

This is the game that never ends,

Yes it goes on and on my friends.

Some people started golfing but not knowing what it was,

And now they're always teeing off forever just because ?>

(sleepz)

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I was loving this, just focused on two golfers. It reminded me of those old home run derbies that they show on espn classic.

They kept showing Rocco's puts from yesterday, they were painful to watch. While I was rooting for Rocco, I didn't mind Tiger winning. My favorite part of the day was when on the last hole (the first sudden death hole) when Mediate took a drop, and faked tossing the ball onto the green. He just seems like he's always having fun, a rarity among today's athletes. I was glad to see it end before I had to leave for work though.

I love how in Golf a player can be relatively unheard of and come out of nowhere to force the game's number one to make a clutch shot, just to get it to a playoff. I love how once in the playoff, the relatively unknown comes up with big shots and big putts (the long one on 16 or 17 by Mediate to save the lead was astounding) to force the number one to play an entire 18 holes of playoff golf. And I love how even after 18, there was still one more they had to play. It was the only thing on in my house all day long. Rocco Mediate ran out of gas after 18 holes, he just didn't have anything left. I have a feeling this one will be talked about for a long time.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Man...I ain't never watched golf like that in my life. (Hell...I never watch golf on TV period.) But I think because it was the two of them duking it out, it made it that much more interesting. I also caught the back nine of the coverage from the round prior. And it's funny...before Sunday's round--which was broadcast Monday morning here--I couldn't have told you what any of the terminology in golf was, how to keep score, or any of that. Between watching this here event and my battle being an avid golf enthusiast, in one day and a half I now understand the game of golf, and all its little intricacies, on the same level as I do football. (Now...having said that, I still ain't got a clue about the difference between the "irons" and the "woods" and all the little numbers associated with them. Give me time...gotta take baby steps in this here game. ^_^ )

Both players made some ridiculous shots. Neither seemed to want to give way. That the round went past 18 holes was just icing on the cake. For a game I previously considered, if one takes away the ball and the clubs, "just walking", this here U.S. Open gave me something of a new appreciation for it. Or maybe it was just because of the storyline and the drama behind the whole thing. Either way it goes...that was some of the best sport I've seen in quite some time.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived