New Mid-American Conference logos

jefrsn

While this was pointed out during a previous Madden/new NCAA football uniform thread, I will leave this as its own topic. These are cleaner graphics and a more complete set than what was leaked originally.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Wow. Can we say bad design? Why? Because when I first looked at it, I thought the bottom of the shield was bent towards the right. Then I realized it's an optical illusion caused by everything leaning to the right. Someone should've picked that out right away. A better design would've been to shape the MAC into the badge, and that would've gotten rid of the optical illusion that I noticed. I do agree it's a great logo for a soccer league, but the MAC supposedly is much more than that. Anybody know who was the last MAC team to win a NCAA title in soccer?

Anybody know who was the last MAC team to win a NCAA title in soccer?

Hartwick College is an associate member for soccer and won a title back in 1977, but they weren't part of the conference then. Outside of that, never, by either gender.

Anybody know who was the last MAC team to win a NCAA title in soccer?

Hartwick College is an associate member for soccer and won a title back in 1977, but they weren't part of the conference then. Outside of that, never, by either gender.

I have never heard of Hartwick being in the Mid-American Conference. I personally think the logo is awful for what it represents. It looks like a clothing line logo. The MAC motion logo is iconic and this doesn't even stand out now. Bland and boring. The championship logos are ok except for that sad excuse for a football title logo. Just awful there.

I understand what you mean about the optical illusion, but I'm just not seeing it at all. I'm sure someone at Joe's office would have noticed something like that if it's as blatant as you seem to think, oddball. Furthermore, I don't understand why individuals can not open their mind to something that breaks the mold of a certain visual category. No, this does not look like a traditional conference logo, but why is that a bad thing? Most conference logos are terribly cluttered, jumbled messes, and this one is refreshingly spare. The old logo is anything but iconic (show it to ten random people and see if they A. know what it stands for, or B. know what type of organization it represents) and the unique style of the new mark does wonders to help it stand out among those conference logos using the same ol' bland, overworked template. I can't stand a critic who never wants to see the positive side of anything.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

When i saw it, first thing i thought of was "lacrosse".

It's ok. Is it an upgrade? Yes.

Could they have done better? Yes.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As far as the old logo goes, everytime I saw it I thought of trees. Honestly I don't think most people would recognize conference logos unless they followed that sport or sports in general. Very few of them visually say what they are. I mean look at the Big 10, Big 12 and SEC logos, do they say sports, or do they say sports visually because we know what they are for? I don't think the new logo is bad, it just looked funky to me as I saw that optical illusion.

Archived