2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

Kevin Lee who is the Ottawa Senators blogger for Hockeybuzz.com, has put up this link for the possible third jersey for the Sens.

It's from Hockeybuzz so take it for what it's worth.

Sens Possible 3rd Jersey. Enjoy!

It's just a concept (albeit a nice one) that someone created, nothing authentic. We get SENS instead.

btw, pretty much 0% of what that Kevin Lee guy writes turns out to be valid.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those so-called 'heritage jerseys' that the fans are pushing are gorgeous. I'm about to sign that petition as soon as I finish this post.

Anyways, for anyone here who has seen the new Hurricanes jerseys, would they be willing to confirm or deny a couple of things regarding the new Hurricanes jerseys?

-Are there stars at the base like Berger describes, or do the warning flag stripes remain?

-Is the logo on the front of the jersey the alternate stick-with-flag logo with a white triangle behind it instead of the usual black one, or is it the primary on a white triangle?

Any possible feedback would be appreciated and make me love you guys forever, although I understand if you're unwilling to give the info due to fear of any possible legal ramifications.

Thanks!

Kevin Lee who is the Ottawa Senators blogger for Hockeybuzz.com, has put up this link for the possible third jersey for the Sens.

It's just a concept (albeit a nice one) that someone created, nothing authentic. We get SENS instead.

Him and Andy Strickland are the WORST people on the site. Neither know their ass from a hole in the ground... honestly...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

They are so forcing the black.

They are adding a black jersey...

I don't know if anyone's pointed it out, but that entire Pacific Division will have a black jersey now. The Ducks, Stars, and Kings already had black home jerseys, and now the Sharks and Coyotes will be rolling out black alternate jerseys. That's one bland division when it comes to jersey colors.

Then again, the NHL doesn't really have all that much of a difference of color....you have reds and blues and blacks, and a limited amount of other colors.....

Here's a concept of the Sharks 3rd. It is NOT a depiction of what it WILL look like. Its my own rendering of it. Just thought I'd add some pictures for peeps to look at :D

Sharks-Alternate.jpg

and with different crests (which was rumored)

Sharks-Alternate-Logos.jpg

Again, this is my OWN concept - not official.

I have complimented you on your work at HFBoards and will say it again here. rapideyemovement, simply outstanding concepts on the Sharks. I would completely be behind #1 and #2 (the current primary logo as the crest) or just #4 (the full body shark). From the outlining of the numbers to just the right amount of orange on it, I hope to God this is what the team goes with. The shield logo should stay as a secondary logo and nothing more than that.

On to other teams...

First, the Tampa Bay Lightning. Where do I start? I friggin' hate it... THIS (if true) is the best the Lightning can come up with?!

They have gotta be kidding me. The Rangers are the only ones that can pull off the classic diagonal alignment and letter font of their team name across the front of a jersey. This isn't a bias on my part, it's because it actually looks decent. The Colorado Avalanche's alternate jersey with this? Terrible. The Pittsburgh Penguins' old road jersey in the first half of the 1990s? Horrendous.

Now Tampa Bay AND Minnesota are possibly doing this, too? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! And Atlanta's following Dallas' lead, too. Un-friggin-believable.

The Wild I can especially criticize because they had a great alternate and then turned it into a home RBK version with those shoulder piping outlines. I cannot stand it. And they want to put "MINNESOTA" on theirs. UGH! The Islanders turned a revised classic design into the another downgrade that's plain bad. Gee, maybe Islanders fans were spared the original team crest logo when Reebok came up with what they wore last season.

Why can't the Lightning just simply put out a blue version of their home jersey? WHY NOT? It may be boring to some, but at least it'll look a hell of a lot better than this ugly "BOLTS" plastered on the front!

I said my peace on the Icethetics post, too. The more I look at it, the more I want to hurl a tomato at a completely inept marketing department or whomever the hell is in charge at team headquarters with coming up with some "alternate look". What an uninspirated effort. My 3-year-old little cousin could've come up with this s**t in two minutes!

Next, the Ottawa Senators. As I referred to them earlier, put "SENS" on the front is an absolute joke for a jersey. Someone else said something to the effect that if teams like Ottawa, Atlanta, Dallas and Tampa Bay want to just put a friggin' wordmark as the crest, IT'S THE LAZY MAN'S WAY OUT on a design! Hopefully that heritage jersey being petitioned actually gets selected instead of what is rumored. You'd think these teams would learn a lesson from Anaheim with their awful jersey that also includes using a wordmark logo.

I don't mind the black for the Phoenix Coyotes, I like the more cleaner detailed logos I saw earlier here in this thread, but not a fan of THAT full body coyote logo. I wouldn't mind if it were a large full moon behind a howling coyote similar to what was posted on the original NHL Tournament of Logos blog on March 28th.

Looks like at least there are those teams that stuck with tradition or honor their past in some way that recaptures their more popular old looks like Buffalo, Chicago, Edmonton, the Islanders, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. I'm not too keen of the Islanders using orange numbers AND nameplate lettering for theirs.

Given as fact those teams on the above list have not unveiled their alternate jerseys, this is unofficial information at this point. Berger is a journalist that does have inside knowledge of happenings around the NHL, so it's safe to say that he wouldn't put his job on the line if he wasn't reporting legitimate information. I'm taking what he passed along for what it is.

Him and Andy Strickland are the WORST people on the site. Neither know their ass from a hole in the ground... honestly...

I agree about Lee for the most part but Strickland did break the Bowman to Chicago story and had more right sources on UFA day than most other places I saw.

But I digress.

Leafs, Oilers, Sabres, Pens, Isles, Philly, Chi-town are doing the right thing with their 3rds, Senators, Thrashers, Lightning doing the wrong thing. The 2D logo for the Senators isn't used ANYWHERE! Put it on the front of the damn black jersey and be done with it! No crappy wordmarks!!!!!!!! Damn it!!!!

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

I don't understand why Reebok is making all these uniforms with basketball styling cues. The NHL never had numbers on the front of their jerseys with the exception of Boston for a few years. Front numbers was the domain of the minor leagues.

I guess I could handle that somewhat, but this shortened nickname trend, and use of secondary logos is idiotic. The league already has a problem with brand recognition in the US. Why do they want to confuse the public even more with alt logos and black third jerseys for every team? If I wasn't a fan I would have no idea what teams some of these uniforms were from. It seems obvious they're more concerned with selling jerseys to their existing fans than marketing the NHL to new ones.

BTW That Sens concept uniform is ten times better than any alt the team has ever worn.

DEATH TO REEBOK

We can only hope that the Devils would wear something like this.

They won't they will remain one of two teams never to have a third jersey.

If I am correct their is three teams who have never had a third, the Cane's, Red Wings and the Devils.

Carolina will be getting one this year and Detroit will be wearing a Vintage jersey at the winter classic meaning that the Devil's will be the only team to never have a third jersey.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

If I am correct their is three teams who have never had a third, the Cane's, Red Wings and the Devils.

Carolina will be getting one this year and Detroit will be wearing a Vintage jersey at the winter classic meaning that the Devil's will be the only team to never have a third jersey.

Well if you count that, then Detroit has had one before when they wore their vintage jersey during the 75th anniversary season.

Well if you count that, then Detroit has had one before when they wore their vintage jersey during the 75th anniversary season.

YzermanInThrowback.jpg

Your right.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I agree completely. Lee is an idiot. So far this summer he's "announced" Peter Deboer as Ottawa coach, a Chris Neil for Cam Barker trade, an Antoine Vermette for Ryan Kesler trade, an Ottawa-LA-Chicago 3-way deal, and Jason Williams signing with Ottawa as a free agent.

Great work, jackass- none of it was true. Hockeybuzz basically throws out a hundred rumours and if one turns out, they say "see, told you so."

Your absolutely right. The Devils need to start their own vintage nights and bring back the green and red jerseys. That way, they will finally be like the rest of the league and have more than 2 jerseys!

Your absolutely right. The Devils need to start their own vintage nights and bring back the green and red jerseys. That way, they will finally be like the rest of the league and have more than 2 jerseys!

I never quite understood what New Jersey was thinking, making the Devils colors red and green....

I never quite understood what New Jersey was thinking, making the Devils colors red and green....

They were the colors of a minor-league team in NJ during the 1950's, the Jersey Devils.

As i understand it, the red obviously represented the color of a devil, fire, what-have-you. Makes sense.

The green was for the Pine Barrens, the legendary home of the Jersey Devil.

On the surface it made sense. In reality, they looked Italian, but those uniforms still hold a place in my heart, and i love them to this day.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That's hideous. I hope i never see that on my Devils.

Its not like theyve had only one jersey. They had the christmas tree jeresys prior to the black and previous to that they wore Scouts and Rockies jerseys.

Archived