Minnesota Twins Concept

pflava

I did a similar concept years ago. I'd recommend that you take the tail from the home script and use it with the road script.

Also, how about a navy alt using the hat with the white front panel?

VmWIn6B.png

I know it's not your fault, but I can not stand how the wishbone C is red on the hats. I guess it wouldn't be too bad if it was outlined in white but right now it just looks awful. Again, not your fault.. just speaking my mind.

As for the concept, I'm torn. I still love the current Twins wordmark and wish they would do something similar for their roads, but these too are nice. Getting rid of the pinstripes on the roads are a major upgrade, although I think you need to modernize the script a little (i.e. Baltimore). I'd also like to see a red or blue alternate, maybe even a red cap? Overall though, not a bad start.

nice, but i would dump the pinstripes, and put regular blue piping on the collar, sleeves, and pants; home and road.

Sorry my friend, but a big NO to the piping idea. The Twins historically have had pinstripes. If they're going to have piping, leave them on a navy alt. Speaking of alts, I like everything about this set except for the vest-like alt. I've always hated concepts that try to just put the TC logo alone and off to the side. It just seems to plain to me.

• 3 weeks later...
nice, but i would dump the pinstripes, and put regular blue piping on the collar, sleeves, and pants; home and road.

Sorry my friend, but a big NO to the piping idea. The Twins historically have had pinstripes. If they're going to have piping, leave them on a navy alt. Speaking of alts, I like everything about this set except for the vest-like alt. I've always hated concepts that try to just put the TC logo alone and off to the side. It just seems to plain to me.

I love the TC logo on the side.

I don't think it looks plain at all.

Of course, I think there's a fine line between plain & simple.

And simple is better most of the time.

I totally agree. The Twins need pinstripes, except for the navy alts. And the TC sleeveless alts do look plain.

However, I would like to see those sleeveless alts with pinstripes and a number on the player's right-hand side. Try that and see if it's better. If not, then one option is to use the font they currently use and put that on the pinstripe alts.

And as for those who don't like the red wishbone C on the caps, oh sheesh. It's part of the Twins, so get used to it, unless you'd rather see the road M used permanently on all uniforms as it was before.

Looks to old-school for me. (**)(**)(**)(**)

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

The Minnesota script is just the red one from Chris' Twins page recolored.

I went ahead and made the tails under the script on the home and roads match up...

Updated Twins

Great job. These actually look like REAL baseball uniforms. But on the "Minnesota" script you forgot to dot the "i" with a star (presumably for the "Star of the North"). The Twinkies wore the script (including the star) on their 1961 team jackets and back then I remember how sharp it looked.

Needs pinstripes. The Twins as a franchise have as long a history with pinstripes as the Yankees (even the road pinstripes date to 1912, the same year the Yankees first wore pinstripes at home).

Beyond that, thanks for the reminder of just how bad the Twins old scripts were. What a mess! Not your fault, except that both the home and road scripts have significant flaws that you could easily have fixed. The tails. The letters that don't line up on the home script. The star over the I in Minnesota but not Twins.

I appreciate where you're going for here, but as far as the actual execution you've shown us, all you've done is combine the worst individual aspects of Twins uniforms from their entire history in Minnesota into one package of dreadfulness. The thrown-together-in-a-hurry scripts. The polyester-era lack of pinstripes. The low-contrast TC cap. The present-day pixie vests. If you put a little of your own work into any of these elements, rather than just throwing stuff together, you could not help but create a superior concept.

20082614447.png

I appreciate where you're going for here, but as far as the actual execution you've shown us, all you've done is combine the worst individual aspects of Twins uniforms from their entire history in Minnesota into one package of dreadfulness.

Hey, no need to sugarcoat it. :D

Hey I love the old Twins jerseys, but I wouldn't want them to ever go back to them. If they are gonna change a uniform I would like for them to start from scratch and come up with something completely new, but simple. They must keep the pinstripes on all white and gray jerseys, but I do, however, like the vest with the TC. I have always wanted to see a Twins jersey like that and now that I have finally seen it, I love it. The TC logo is one of the most classic logos around baseball. Many people don't like it around the U.S. for some reason, but just about everybody in Minnesota and the neighboring states have fallen in love with this logo and would be devastaded if they changed it. Good job though as these jerseys do look pretty cool.

By the way, the Twins move into a new stadium in 2010 so expect them to make at least a minor uniform change around then.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Hey I love the old Twins jerseys, but I wouldn't want them to ever go back to them. If they are gonna change a uniform I would like for them to start from scratch and come up with something completely new, but simple. They must keep the pinstripes on all white and gray jerseys, but I do, however, like the vest with the TC. I have always wanted to see a Twins jersey like that and now that I have finally seen it, I love it. The TC logo is one of the most classic logos around baseball. Many people don't like it around the U.S. for some reason, but just about everybody in Minnesota and the neighboring states have fallen in love with this logo and would be devastaded if they changed it. Good job though as these jerseys do look pretty cool.

By the way, the Twins move into a new stadium in 2010 so expect them to make at least a minor uniform change around then.

I'd be surprised if they make a significant change to their unis. They've had their current primary sets for 21 years, they won 2 World Series in them, and all they've changed is the shoulder patches and going back to the "TC" on their home hat. They're on the verge of being timeless, and as a Twins fan, it's cool that Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau wear the same uniforms as Kirby Puckett and Kent Hrbek.

Now if they DO change it up in 2010, this concept would be perfectly acceptable to me.

I appreciate where you're going for here, but as far as the actual execution you've shown us, all you've done is combine the worst individual aspects of Twins uniforms from their entire history in Minnesota into one package of dreadfulness.

Hey, no need to sugarcoat it. :D

Ugh, that was harsher than I intended. What I meant to communicate was that if the designer had put in more of his own work to clean up these old elements, the concept would be much better. This feels more like a cut-and-paste exercise rather than an original concept, and as such it's limited by the poor quality of the elements that are pasted in. I strongly believe that the concept would be much improved by just a little bit more original work on the part of the designer.

You can't just take a bunch of 50-year-old obsolete jersey scripts, slap them onto a template, and expect to produce anything other than a crappy concept. For the most part, even teams that looked good in 1961 have at least slightly updated their logos and scripts since then. Even the best logos and scripts need periodic updating to "translate" their aesthetic qualities for the public's ever-evolving aesthetic tastes.

Bottom line: I would love to see this designer take a crack at finding and fixing the problems with the old Twins scripts, and then building uniforms around his improved scripts. That could be a great concept.

20082614447.png

Archived