Favorite Pieces Of Sports Memorabilia

fiasco!

just wanted to see what unique things other people had......

my favorite piece of memorabilia is the proof sheet of the front page of the Detroit Free Press from September 24, 1999 with this picture of me dominating the page......yes, i know i'm wearing a juan encarnacion jersey and he doesn't play for them anymore.....i wish i wore my lou whitaker jersey that day!

this was my season ticket seat, on the right field upperdeck overhang.

joel_tigerstadium.gif

i also have, oddly enough, a Sid Abel signed baseball....for those who don't know, Sid was a Hall Of Fame HOCKEY player.

I don't have anything near that cool.

But, I AM meeting Jim Craig tonight, so maybe I can get him to sign a football for me or something.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I have a few things,

Autographed Hall of Fame Football by Len Dawson

Chiefs Sign Auto'd by Len Dawson and Deron Cherry(this one is cool because it is personally auto'd to me)

Game Used Rod Branch Goaltender Stick (Used during the OKC Blazers Championship Season)

University of Kansas Hat Auto'd by Raef Lafrentz, Paul Pierce, Jarrod Hasse, and Roy Williams

Topeka Scarecrows Hats with most of the Team Signatures

Other Autographed items of note:

Andy Moog Picture

Daryl Sydor Card

I don't have a whole lot, aside from programs I pick up at games I go to. Not much of an autograph hound, generall speaking. But, when I had season tickets for the 1995 St. Louis Vipers of Roller Hockey International, I went about getting my Vipers jersey signed by most of the team, including team president Bernie Federko, coach Perry Turnbull, Victor the Viper, and Towel Guy.

Front Back

(For some reason, Greg Paslawski decided to sign it on the back. Pas played a few games with the Snakes towards the end of the year, he was better known for having played for the Blues.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm not really a collector but I have a few things, including - a Bills helmet autographed by Thurman Thomas (....pause for the obvious joke...), a football autographed by Rueben Brown and Sabres jerseys autographed by Rob Ray and Doug Gilmour. A bunch of pucks, too.

All of them were gifts. I've never sought out an autograph.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

My personal Favorite: A stick blade personally autographed to me by Bobby Orr. Also have a photo of me and my brother with Ken Dryden and an Autographed posted from Joe Newendyk after he won the Cup in '99. Not much but it's got some personal value

My personal Favorite: A stick blade personally autographed to me by Bobby Orr. Also have a photo of me and my brother with Ken Dryden and an Autographed posted from Joe Newendyk after he won the Cup in '99. Not much but it's got some personal value

You owe me a Neiuwendyk autograph :D I also have a Orr signed stick, although I've never met the man, it was a present to me from my grandmother.

There's Ken Dryden and I, or "Ken" as he prefers I call him ;)

dryden.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I have a few things that I have accumulated over time.

I have a Minnesota North Stars game used jersey with the NHL 75th Anniversary Patch & the North Stars 25th Anniversary patch.

I have a Dimitri Kvartalnov game used Soviet jersey from his Khmik team the year he was the leading scorer in the Soviet Elite League AND his game used Boston Bruins jersey, so that makes a cool pair together.

Game used Dynamo Riga, Moscow Dynamo & Soviet Central Red Army jerseys. The latter is a CCM with fight strap and name on the back in Cyrillic. This is my best game used jersey of all.

Game used goalie sticks from Arturs Irbe and Jamie McLennan, with the McLennan being signed.

Minnesota Wild yearbooks from all four seasons signed by 99% of the players.

An annual "Autocourse" book documenting the 1978 Grand Prix season signed by 78 World Champion Mario Andretti and another racing book signed by Jackie Stewart.

A race program signed by drivers Pirro, Biela & Kristensen, who won Le Mans 3 years in a row together for Audi, something never done before.

I also collected 73-74 hockey cards as a 10 year old. Later I completed the set as an adult and now have cards signed by hall of famers such as Frank Mahavolich, Park, Tony Esposito, Gilbert, Henri Richard, Bucyk, Hodge, Perrault, Dionne, Lafleur, Lemaire, Cournoyer, Sittler and others plus a Bobby Hull signed WHA card.

Brooks Robinson signed ball, card & Robinson model glove I wore as a kid.

Of all the above autographs, I've paid for exactly two.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

A number 9 (or is it a 6?) pried from a seat during the last WWF show at the old Boston Garden.

A Zdeno Chara game-used autographed hockey stick.

A signed illustration I made of former UMass-Lowell goalie Martin Fillion which is on my website (www.jimdesign.com). I tracked him down at the time to the Quad City Mallards. I sent him a letter and an extra copy of the illustration. He signed it, end me an autographed hockey card, and a personal letter thanking me for the picture. I know it wasn't a form letter either, he wrote about some of the cool experience he had at the former Lowell rink.

I have a close-up photo I took of Arturs Irbe (and his mask) during warmups at a Lowell Lock Monsters game hanging in my cube at work.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

A Zdeno Chara game-used autographed hockey stick.

Now that has to be a serious piece of lumber!

It's very tall. The ceiling in my bedroom at my parents' house was 6'6", and the stick almost hit the ceiling.

It also has 3 other names written on the blade, maybe they are his childrens' names.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

A number 9 (or is it a 6?) pried from a seat during the last WWF show at the old Boston Garden.

that's awesome.....on my keychain is a number 13 pried from the upperdeck center field bleachers in Tiger Stadium.

Archived