Minnesota Timberwolves Concept

AAO

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Jezus in that the green on the wolf looks awkward, especially when it meets the wolf's front right leg. Is it supposed to be an outline of a tree or something of that nature?

I wouldn't be against just eliminating that part of it altogether,or maybe just toning it down some.

I kept the secondary essentially the same, just with the wolf head I've rendered. Still not sold on the colors I chose.

MinnesotaTimberwolvesConcept-1.gif

The problem with this and I don't blame you as much as I blame the original designer, is that the light source is so friggin confused, which makes your design of the full wolf look awkward. On the original logo the light source (green) comes from 3 different directions! That's no artist, that's a COMPLETE IDIOT!!! The light source comes from the top right, top left and bottom right corners! I understand about reflective light, but reflective light would not show up that much bouncing off the ground and onto the chest of the wolf. What you did on the tail was a perfect example of how reflective light should be shown, just a little bit. If you make the front paws the middle blue and use a little reflective light on the right side of the paw and I do mean a little on the belly, chest and legs it'd look a lot better. It's not your fault that the guy who made the logo has no clue on light sources.

What are you talking about....this is my logo...I have a sketch for this..there is no 'other guy'.

The secondary is the only thing that is based off of their current brand new secondary with the howling wolf head, my wolf is not howling and looks completely different. The only thing the same in there are the trees and the basketball.

And the green? Not a light source. It's the underbelly of the wolf, its two tone fur.

How's this:

TwolvesSecondary.gif

Wolves are generally two toned. That's what that is. Sure, blue is an odd color for a wolf but it's just fitting the theme, took the artistic leisure.

i like it, the leg looks like its attatched to the rest of the body(the orignal didnt)

and oddball what are talking about? prove this isnt Ians work

What are you talking about....this is my logo...I have a sketch for this..there is no 'other guy'.

The secondary is the only thing that is based off of their current brand new secondary with the howling wolf head, my wolf is not howling and looks completely different. The only thing the same in there are the trees and the basketball.

And the green? Not a light source. It's the underbelly of the wolf, its two tone fur.

I think he meant the actual current T-Wolves logo.

I agree, though, with everybody. The green swoosh gives it an awkward position. I can't tell if he's facing more towards the back left and his head is turned almost 180 degrees, or if he's more facing the front left and his head is turned about 90 degrees. I have a feeling you meant the latter, but it's just hard to distinct. Still great work, I'd just fix up the shading portions. Also, loving the wordmark... until you get to the 'S'. Not feeling the Star Trek font, never thought it worked in sports logos (Las Vegas 51's asside, and even then I don't really care for it, but at least it makes sense.) I'd recommend maybe a little customization with the 'S' and maybe even the 'V'.

All in all, great work as usual. I agree with you, too, about fixing the colors a bit.

Hey tell the other guy I don't care for the "V" and "S" in the word mark. they are the only 2 letters that have that angled slash thing going and it looks kinda weird to me.

The colors need to be brighter and more contrasting, the black, green, and navy all fizzle together. make the green and blue brighter and more distinct. Also, the front left leg should be behind the wolf. extend the black outline of the wolf belly infront of the front left leg. make the head a little bit bigger and if possible more detailed.

POST 500!

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Not bad, alrthough it does need some work.

What if you switched the green and blue on the wolf, it looks to me like the shading should be the darker color.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

....it's not shading, nor a light source....wolves are two toned, case and point this wolf is blue with some green fur.

Wow.

Duh. I ven read that lol.

My badd.

In that case, I think the green is a little to saturated for the color blue you used.

I think the green should be less saturated (less of a gray-green) and more of a brighter green.

And I think there are one to many shades of green (one shade's enough).

I'd say stick with gray, blue, green.

And add a little bit of character to his face (bigger eyes, mouth, etc.)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I hate to say it, but you have done much better work. This doesn't work on any level for me. The wolf looks more like a hyena and the colors are horrible. Ian, I know you can do better.

I knew there was something else about the wolf, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Either a hyena, or a dingo.

The body shape looks awkward, too smooth and fat. I'd almost say it looks like a schnauzer more than a wolf, from the body. The body needs to come up from the ribcage to the stomach.

The legs are also posed awkwardly, and the joints on the front are too high.

I usually like your work, AAO, but I'm not feeling this at all.

I hate to say it, but you have done much better work. This doesn't work on any level for me. The wolf looks more like a hyena and the colors are horrible. Ian, I know you can do better.

I knew there was something else about the wolf, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Either a hyena, or a dingo.

exactly.

That is one oddly-proportioned wolf. The long neck and small head actually remind me more of a horse.

I agree.. the wolf likeness is a bit wonky... proportions or perspective is off... looks a bit like a hyena... the idea is sound, really clean and well presented... love your work.

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

Just curious - what did you use for reference on that wolf? As has been stated, the proportions seem way off.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived