Tulsa Football Unveils Throwback Uniforms

jimsimo

I don't feel like looking up what they wear now, but that is a nice looking uniform. I would prefer that the stripes went all the way around what is left of the sleeves, but I understand why they don't.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Just an observation, but it's nice to see that Tulsa, in a land locked state, knows TWO flags means a hurricane... Take note, NHL's Carolina...

It's cause Oklahoma is full of weather geeks... They also believe that the movie "Twister" is closer to a MST3000-level comedy than a documentary... :D

Honestly, I'm not big on either set. Sure, the current piping sucks, but I've never been a fan of huge wordmarks on jerseys. Plus, I would prefer a blue to red.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I like the current ones. The royal blue and gold (with a touch of red) is an uncommon color combo. When blue and gold go together, it's usually with navy, not royal. Very London Monarchs.

The throwbacks, not so much. The number font bugs me for some reason...isn't that the one that Colorado and Ole Miss use? I'd be surprised if that font dates back to the 50s.

340x.jpg

Oh, criminy. Way to take colors and a number font I like and just ruin it all.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My only issue with the throwback is the white 'Tulsa' and numbers. Looks completely out of place since there isn't a speck of white anywhere else on the uniform.

Of course, it's a throwback, so I'm sure they are shooting for accuracy, but it still bugs me.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

There's a reason this color scheme is unique - because it's ugly.

If they'd drop the red, they'd still have a unique color scheme that was MUCH better looking.

Can anyone think of another team that wears a royal blue/vegas gold combination?

Archived