Now That Matt Millen Is Gone

njb513

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it before about the Calgary Flames, but I feel the same way about the Lions: I think they need the black. I don't think there's enough contrast between the Honolulu blue, the silver and the white. The black really makes each of those colors pop. Now, I will grant that the black alternate uniform is overkill, but as trim, I think they look better now than before it was added.

They need to redo everything. Redo logo, uniforms, colors, everything.

Colors I would keep, I would redo everything else. I love the tradition of the colors of Honolulu blue and Silver. Glenn I would keep Williams and Johnson at Wideout, keep Stanton at QB, and Smith at RB, because we could have a great offense with these gentlemen. Ditch everyone else

Adding black wasn't so much the problem as was how they applied it. I do think that the team should look into an identity change that modernizes their look while keeping it somewhat traditional.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

It should have been Navy all along...not Black.

Never. Too many teams in the NFL have navy in their color scheme. Keep the current colors. Update the unis and Lion logo. Their current logo is just confusing to look at.

Well to be honest, I had wanted Navy in there since the '80s - well before the over-saturation of Navy came to be. But I agree - too much Navy in sports right now. That's another reason why I like the Gunmetal idea...

i'm going to agree with the gunmetal idea.

just a really dark silver with light silver and honolulu blue... that would be perfect.

Sounds to me like such a move would muddy the set more than honolulu blue and silver look was on its own. You still need some contrast.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

i'm going to agree with the gunmetal idea.

just a really dark silver with light silver and honolulu blue... that would be perfect.

Sounds to me like such a move would muddy the set more than honolulu blue and silver look was on its own. You still need some contrast.

Yeah, I'm not so sure either now...I did a quick recolor of their current helmet, and I think I agree:

DetroitLions_PropRHS_0000_SOL_SRGB.gif

Archived