Oregon to unveil new uniforms October 11?

ONUV

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's what an Oregon fan said on another board. the contract on their current uniform is going out after this season i think. guess they can't wait till the season is over.

They talked about this at uniwatch blog today. According to a source, they are going to be onepiece uniforms, or unitards. My guess is that they'll be one piece uniforms like the one theorized in the NFL's 75th Anniversary Book they released. It was an artist's interpretation of what football uniforms would look like in the future.

that's what an Oregon fan said on another board. the contract on their current uniform is going out after this season i think. guess they can't wait till the season is over.

They talked about this at uniwatch blog today. According to a source, they are going to be onepiece uniforms, or unitards. My guess is that they'll be one piece uniforms like the one theorized in the NFL's 75th Anniversary Book they released. It was an artist's interpretation of what football uniforms would look like in the future.

You can't be serious!? :blink:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

They would still need to wear the standard pads though, right? So a leotard would be a B-I-T-C-H to get in and out of before and after games. Also, can anyone see a fan buying a leotard to wear around campus?

AS much as Oregon is ridiculed (and it's well deserved) I actually like that they push the envelope. Obviously it's not always very popular, but I always look forward to seeing what they are going to do. IMO their current sets, minus the Diamond plate pattern are really quite nice, yes Helmets and all. For many many many years Oregon wore a yellow Helmet, so breaking out hte Yellow is fine (wish it was more Yellow than it is though ) and I really like the all white set.

We'll see how the Unitard thing, if true, turns out. I would be more concerned about the functionality of it more than anything. No one can accuse Nike of not developing new sports technology that isn't well planned out form a practical standpoint.

Oregon's current look is ridiculous.

A one piece...laughable.

Why is a one piece laughable? Track and field has transitioned to one pice track uniforms is that laughable as well? I think we should maybe see what it's all about before we declare it laughable.

Oregon's current look is ridiculous.

A one piece...laughable.

Why is a one piece laughable? Track and field has transitioned to one pice track uniforms is that laughable as well? I think we should maybe see what it's all about before we declare it laughable.

Huh? The one piece was tried for Basketball in the 80s to a thunderous rejection.

I also wonder about the pads, and well, how you get into the unitard. Track outfits have a large opening at the top. Football jerseys are stretchy up top, but if you're 320 lbs, then what?

What I imagine happening is someone taking the one piece and looking at it like a blank canvas. Could get interesting results, but someone's going to make some tacky designs that'll make the 90s look conservative.

Ha. If they look anything like swimmer's full body speedos, they'll be laughed at for ever.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I'm actually kind of intrigued and excited to see this because I can't even imagine what level of ridiculousness they could get with these supposed new unis.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

You can't be serious!? :blink:

I remember this thread...I put a picture in it.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=54443

More specifically, this reply: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?s=...st&p=862399

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived