MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

Doesn't matter. Red Sox win.

Scioscia going to have a long off season as manager. That's the type of decision that gets guys fired. He has a good relationship so I don't thionk he will but still a umb idea to try a suicide squeeze in that situation.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red Sox vs. Rays

Did you really expect anything else? This should be a hell of a series.

I saw it coming.

Last year I moved from Colorado to Florida... Sox play the Rockies in the World Series and I would've been able to go.

This year, I move from Florida back to Colorado... and now the Sox are playing Tampa Bay in the ALCS...

... I should quit moving.

IUe6Hvh.png

If the Sawx get back to the Series this year I hope they play the Dodgers and I want Manny to destroy them :D . That would be entertaining. However I must say Go Rays.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I've been thinking about for a couple of moments and I still don't get the squeeze decision. The hitter doesn't even have to hit a fly ball in that situation a ground ball to the other side might score him.

I'm with you, I don't understand it.

By the way, had the Angels won this game, that play by Teixeira would've been one we'd hear about for ages.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Red Sox are still the team to beat. One thing that I think helps The Rays is the fact that they may be the only team in baseball outside the Yankees who isn't the least bit intimidated by Boston or their fans.

Yeah, if there's anybody that's ready and willing to face the defending champs, it's the Rays. Now we can see if they're ready to go up against the defending champs. I would say it's a whole different game in October, but the Rays so far have defied everybody.

I've been thinking about for a couple of moments and I still don't get the squeeze decision. The hitter doesn't even have to hit a fly ball in that situation a ground ball to the other side might score him.

I'm with you, I don't understand it.

By the way, had the Angels won this game, that play by Teixeira would've been one we'd hear about for ages.

Yup. Now it's relegated to just a great play that held off the inevitable. I don't blame Scioscia for trying the squeeze. His team hadn't done :censored: in the clutch the entire series. I'm not sure they could have even counted on a sac fly based on how they'd performed up to that point. If Aybar makes contact we're all talking about what a gutsy move it was.

BB52Big.jpg

The Rays are young and dumb, they are too dumb to be intimidated by the Red Sox, and that is why they won the division this year and are in the ALCS and may make the World Series.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

The Rays are young and good, they are too good to be intimidated by the Red Sox, and that is why they won the division this year and are in the ALCS and may make the World Series.

Fixed for accuracy.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

The Rays are young and dumb, they are too dumb to be intimidated by the Red Sox, and that is why they won the division this year and are in the ALCS and may make the World Series.

Dumb? That team has played the smartest baseball of anyone all season long. You of all people should appreciate them Tank, they're the '69 Mets all over again. I know what you meant by "dumb." I'm just giving you a hard time. B)

BB52Big.jpg

The Rays are young and good, they are too good to be intimidated by the Red Sox, and that is why they won the division this year and are in the ALCS and may make the World Series.

Fixed for accuracy.

No I mean dumb in a totally different way. They are a very good talented young team and they will be good for years o come if they keep the core group together.

I mean dumb as in too dumb to know they should not be this good this fast, and yes Infared they parallel the 1969 Mets in so many ways its scary, I am rooting for the Rays I think they are a great story.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Jon Lester hasn't allowed an earned run as a starting pitcher in the postseason (he allowed 2 ER in the extra inning affair against Cleveland last year). In three starts, two of them series clinchers. That's pretty amazing.

IUe6Hvh.png

Jon Letser battled cancer the playoffs is not pressure to him, he is staring to look like one of those pitchers with that IT factor that makes him dangerous to face in big games.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I think that this year the World Series will go to the AL Champions.

Why?

Because the NLCS will be played by the Phillies and Dodgers. When one beat the other, lost the following WS. Dodgers beat Phils in 1977 and 1978 and lost twice the WS. In 1983 Philadelphia finally defeated Los Angeles... but lost the WS.

Bah... if the Red Sox win the pennant, they will face revenge against them: they defeated the Phillies in the 1915 World Series... and the Dodgers in the 1916 World Series. Maybe it's time of a payback. :(

Anyways, GO SOX!!!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Is it me or is it getting annoying teams with the champagne after the ALDS and NLDS. I understand locker room celebrations for the World Series, but come on. This is ridiculous.

Do NHL teams celebrate reaching the Eastern Conference Finals.

Do NFL teams go nuts and spray champagne for reaching the AFC or NFC Championship?

No to each and the same goes for the NBA.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

It's baseball, a team wins one game in the regular season and they spray champagne. I think they sprayed champagne for Barry Zito's first win this year! :lol: I will say this, the Angels really need to look hard at their players and figure out which ones want to win. Their lack of clutch hitting from their 2-5 hitters (Vlady) is pathetic, but then again when you have a supposed lead off hitter who's struck out over 20 times and can't walk, well you're chances to have clutch hitting is minimal. I've said it before and I'll say it again Figgins is a horribly overrated player and Vlady well, just let him go if you want to win the World Series as he can't do it in the playoffs and it's all about the playoffs unless you want to be the Cubs. Hey Angels, take a look across town at how the REAL team from Los Angeles plays in the clutch. You want a clutch player, look at Martin, Loney, and Ramirez. You want a lead off hitter, look at Furcal who practically missed the whole season with a back injury and comes back and knows how to hit and get on base and play. Hey Chone (pronoune it CHONIE because he doesn't deserve it any other way until he learns how to play the game), since you have time on your hands, watch how real ball players play in the playoffs. YOU'RE CRAP!!!

Archived